What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
International Paper (http://www.internationalpaper.com)is
the world’s largest paper and forest products company. Primary businesses include paper and packaging products for a variety of end users. International Paper is a Fortune 100 Company with operations around the globe.
We currently have an opening for an HR Specialist in our Louisville, KY Container facility. This position will support the facility in Human Resource related areas and systems. This is a non-exempt position that reports to the Site Manager.
Key Functions/Responsibilities of this position are:
- Coordinates selection processes for hourly and salaried positions including posting with and outreach to organizations; communication with authorized staffing agencies; sourcing, screening, and corresponding with applicants; conducting pre-employment assessments and reference checks; maintenance of all recruiting files.
- Coordinates orientation and on-boarding activities for new hires.
- Maintains the Affirmative Action Planning system, including maintaining annual logs for internal job postings, hires, terminations, separations, and promotions; completion of the annual AAP.
- Ensures the facility maintains full compliance with all aspects required of a federal contractor.
- Creates and delivers presentations to employees regarding policies and work rules that apply to all who work at our locations.
- Maintains the accuracy and security of all HR-related files in accordance with the records retention policy including employee personnel files, medical files, and I-9’s.
- Maintains logs for disciplinary action, training, vacation, etc.
- Maintains the accuracy of shared files and databases.
- Ensures timely and accurate processing of human resource-related forms; researches and furnishes employee information to authorized persons as appropriate; and handles human resource-related questions.
- Thorough knowledge of local pay practices, pay levels, job groups, and interface with SAP and WorkBrain (payroll system).
- Handles and make necessary changes to payroll processes/system on an as-needed basis.
- Ensures hourly employees are coded accurately by job classification, jobs performed, shift, and department assignment.
- Working knowledge of all benefits.
- Assists with open enrollment meetings. Serves as a resource to employees in resolving benefits-related issues and concerns.
- Supports processes related to FMLA, disabilities, and return to work.
- Processes all unemployment-related claims; participates in any appeal hearings or other activities related to unemployment claims.
- Surfaces employee concerns and improvements; recommends alternatives for resolution of problems as appropriate; acts as a liaison between the individual employee, managers, Human Resource Generalist, and company or community resources.
- Coordinates facility functions including employee recognition, service awards, safety, and holiday-related on and off shift events.
- Assists in organizing presentation materials, coordinating meetings and catering arrangements, and maintaining employee bulletin boards
- Supports Environmental Health & Safety by assisting with various safety administrative duties when needed.
Qualifications for this position include:
- High school education, BS/BA in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- Working knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
- A high level of diplomacy, tact, and judgment as well as an upbeat and positive attitude.
- Ability to surface issues and handle sensitive and confidential information in an efficient and professional manner.
- Superior organizational skills with a high quality of accuracy and attention to detail in both written and verbal communications.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly, work and be flexible with deadlines, solve problems effectively, and handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to be proactive and self-directed while working professionally in a team environment to resolve issues and meet deadlines.
- Experience with SAP strongly desired.
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency in Microsoft Windows environment with an emphasis on Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new software programs or databases quickly.
- Prior work experience in a union manufacturing environment preferred.
Key Competencies for this position include:
- Action Oriented
- Time Management
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account. This is a great opportunity to start a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry. Qualified candidates should express interest by applying on-line at http://www.internationalpaper.com
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Louisville, KY 40218