What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
International Paper operates a recycling business which collects, sorts, and processes waste paper and other recyclables across North America. The business contributes to the U.S. paper recycling environmental success story (where recovery now exceeds 60%) and contributes to International Paper’s manufacturing success.
This position reports to the Plant General Manager and is a hands-on leadership position responsible for providing direction to first and second shift employees.
This vacancy is for a Plant Superintendent is at our Roseville, MN Recycling Plant.
- Make certain there are no LIFE changing injuries by fostering a safety culture that stimulates active participation and includes engagement and ownership from all site team members.
- Support, coach, direct and assist production leads and plant team members as needed
- Help achieve plant financial targets by managing cost and plant S&A cost.
- Provide leadership in transportation, operations, maintenance, and capital expense
- Ensure compliance of EHS and DOT policies and procedures
- Conducts daily plant safety meetings.
- Ensures plant housekeeping meets established 5S standards
- Ensures effective training and documentation of all plant personnel on established policies and procedures.
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement projects that will reduce waste and improve safety, quality, inventory, delivery and cost.
- Develop working knowledge of P&L statement and apply financial metrics to drive team improvement.
- Inspire trust, cooperation and commitment amongst the team and ensure everyone understands what success looks like.
- Collaborate with site team to provide the highest quality customer experience.
- Develop and deliver an operational team development program that has the team optimally staffed and prepared for changes that routinely happen.
- Ensure proper care is given to all equipment through an organized and deliberate Reliability program that includes all facets that are required via IP standards.
- Collaboratively work with other IP work groups that are remotely located that are an integral part of the plant team’s success, ie. HR, Safety, Accounting, Technical Services, Recovered Fiber, National Accounts, Brokerage, Sales
- Proven commitment to safety and safety processes.
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills
- Must be able to work within a team atmosphere and effectively coach for results
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office software suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to leverage and champion advanced technology to improve work within the teams, ie. Tablets, Apps, etc.
- Previous supervisory experience
- Experience manufacturing / processing industry
- College degree or equivalent education and experience
- Ability to relocate for future career growth opportunities
This position requires a college degree (or equivalent education and experience), solid analytical skills, and the demonstrated ability to lead others. The candidate must be open to future relocation. It is likely that after an 18 – 24 month assignment as the plant superintendent, the candidate will have an opportunity to gain experience in another role within the company.
Relocation is available for this position.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Roseville MN 55113