International Paper (NYSE: IP) is a leading global supplier of renewable fiber-based products. We produce corrugated packaging products that protect and promote goods, and enable worldwide commerce, and pulp for diapers, tissue and other personal care products that promote health and wellness. Headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., we employ approximately 38,000 colleagues globally. We serve customers worldwide, with manufacturing operations in North America, Latin America, North Africa and Europe. Net sales for 2021 were $19.4 billion. In Russia, we have a 50/50 joint venture, Ilim Group, the country's largest integrated manufacturer of pulp and paper. Additional information can be found by visiting InternationalPaper.com.
Relocation Paid: Yes
The Fiber Specialist position is key role to Mansfield-Red River Fiber Supply Team. Responsibilities will include the management and coordination of deliveries into Mansfield-Red River Mill. Duties will include fiber supply planning, sourcing & cost management, wood cost forecasting, and logistics & inventory management. Level of responsibility, duties and scope will be tailored around successful candidate’s personal skill sets and experience. The Mansfield-Red River basin is comprised of a large area that includes North Louisiana and East Texas. Because of this large area and overlapping basins, the Fiber Specialist will have to coordinate closely with peers at other IP mills toward the goal of enterprise cost minimization.
Education & Experience:
Bachelors Degree or higher in Forest Management, Business Administration or related field; at least 5 years experience in fiber supply or related fields; well grounded in business management with a working knowledge of supply chain management. Candidates should have a working knowledge of the use and application of forecasting & optimization models.
Job Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Ensure optimized wood sourcing plans are updated, maintained and executed.
- Provide support to maintain a balanced portfolio of sourcing and inventory to achieve the optimum balance between supply stability and cost for Mansfield-Red River and the West Region.
- Be a catalyst to drive enterprise-based decision making in the combined basin.
- Support Fiber Supply Manager and other Specialists in providing leadership to the Mansfield-Red River Mill Joint Teams.
- Lead efforts to achieve deliberate and continuous improvement and innovation.
- To develop and maintain intimate knowledge of the current state of fiber supply business in the operating area, including competitor activity.
- Create and sustain a high level of engagement for all team members.
- Actively lead and support total workplace safety.
- Ensure compliance with all EMS requirements within the Mansfield-Red River basin.
- Develop & maintain productive business relationships with key suppliers & external customers.
Responsibility for coordinating and supporting the team’s combined purchases & sales.
- Provide Fiber Supply support to all West Region Mills as per enterprise optimization plan.
- May vary slightly, dependant on successful candidate’s skill level and experiences.
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented
- Drive for Results
- Motivating Others
- Managing through Systems
- Functional computer skills and knowledge of various software applications
- Forecasting and optimization knowledge
- Peer relationships (customer and supplier)
For immediate consideration, please click the link below to apply:
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.