General Information: This position is Area Process Manager for the #1 Paper Machine at the Pine Hill Mill and reports to the Finished Products Business Unit Manager.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Champion safety efforts resulting in superior performance by modeling and maintaining an environment of safe work practices and proactive approach to safety management.
- Responsible for the operations and management of the #1 Paper Machine.
- Provide leadership and resources to support engagement and a high performance work team. Champion the 1:1 process.
- Understand Customer Satisfaction and be committed to products which consistently meet the specifications.
- Take initiative to pro-actively deal with issues both with the team and cross functionally, ensuring communication flows to and from the team.
- Lead team in goal setting and performance management consistent with company and mill direction.
- Understand the environmental impacts of production processes to ensure continuous compliance.
- Set clear expectations and hold employees accountable for meeting them.
- Develop and maintain excellent manufacturing systems.
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience
- Proven Safety Leadership Skills
- Proven Leadership of hourly employees
- Demonstrated competence to work:
- With minimum supervision
- With all levels of mill mgmt.
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills
Competencies include but not limited to:
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Leadership Skills
- Organizational/Business Skills
- Planning Skills