What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
We currently have an opening for an Operations Manager at our Bowling Green, KY corrugated plant. This facility manufactures packaging products for local and national customers. The Operations Manager will be responsible for the Customer Service, Scheduling and Shipping Departments and report directly to the General Manager. This position is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Provides supply chain and replenishment leadership for facility customers
- Establishing of an overall replenishment plan
- Tracking forecast accuracy, defining inventory and safety stock standards.
- On-time-in-full-no-errors (OTIFNE) performance measurement and communication
- Tracking, ordering and optimizing finished and raw material inventories
- Efficiently scheduling facility production demands
- Managing order requirements through an outside sales organization and customer service organization
- Support Lead Team objectives such as Safety, Engagement and EBIT
- Trailer optimization and minimization
In addition to daily operational responsibilities, the successful candidate will be responsible for implementing and maintaining systems, driving manufacturing improvements as well as leading, coaching, motivating and engaging the work teams to accomplish operational objectives.
Competitive candidates will possess a degree or have equivalent experience and have a solid track record of manufacturing experience in the industry. Specific competencies required include functional/technical skills, action oriented, dealing with ambiguity, career ambition, command skills, directing others, motivating others, interpersonal savvy, organizing, drive for results, problem solving, process management, strategic agility and building effective teams.
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account. This is a great opportunity to start a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.