What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
The Electrical Reliability Leader will manage a team of electrical reliability engineers, drive technicians, motor technicians. The Electrical Reliability Leader will supervise the mill Motor Champion, Drive Champion, and EPD Champion. The E.R. Leader is also a key influencer and advocate for the mill’s four Electrical Maintenance Supervisors, with safety and reliability being primary factors. This Electrical Reliability team is responsible for eliminating failures and implementing deliberate improvements in areas of Electric Power Distribution (EPD), Motor reliability best practices, Drive systems, and other electrical infrastructure. The methods used by this team include predicting and preventing failures through inspections, PdM techniques, PM’s, failure analysis, QA/QC methods, motor shop audits, Electric Room Air Quality standards. Key reliability metrics includes unscheduled electrical downtime, motor failure trends, reliability recordables, and overall motor repair and replacement costs. This position reports to the Mill Reliability Leader.
- Reduce unscheduled electrical downtime to world class levels, increase equipment life
- Interact with and ensure help from the Electrical Reliability COE and subject matter experts.
- Develop and maintain equipment criticalities used in the operating areas
- Maintain strong relationships with the Maintenance and Operations Business Unit managers, Area Managers, and First Line Leaders, and challenge the organization to continuously improve electrical reliability systems and behaviors.
- Mill-wide Motor Champion, implementing and maintaining reliability best practices throughout the mill.
- Manage within the Electrical Reliability Team Element Champions for EPD, IE Precision Maintenance, Arc Flash Safety NFPA 70E, Electric Room Air Quality, Drive Reliability.
- Equipment care development leader, with heavy influence on inspectors’ activities, routes, and ability to identify early failure indicators using proven techniques.
- Development of Reliability Professionals, Drive Technicians, and Motor Technicians.
- Influence operations to assure proper operation and basic care of electrical equipment (we love our motors), and early identification of problems prior to failures.
- Implement new reliability technologies and predictive techniques.
A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering is preferred and /or 5+ years experience in electrical maintenance and use of reliability systems. Qualified candidates have a high level of understanding of reliability principles, have leadership potential, are knowledgeable in CMMS systems, and are competent in using Lean tools such as RCFA. Good communication skills (written and verbal) are required.
- Influencing Others
- Technical Learning
- Motivating Others
- Action Oriented
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Drive for Results
- Command Skills
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Orange TX 77632