International Paper (NYSE: IP) is a leading global supplier of renewable fiber-based products. We produce corrugated packaging products that protect and promote goods, and enable worldwide commerce, and pulp for diapers, tissue and other personal care products that promote health and wellness. Headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., we employ approximately 38,000 colleagues globally. We serve customers worldwide, with manufacturing operations in North America, Latin America, North Africa and Europe. Net sales for 2021 were $19.4 billion. In Russia, we have a 50/50 joint venture, Ilim Group, the country's largest integrated manufacturer of pulp and paper. Additional information can be found by visiting InternationalPaper.com.
The HR Generalist supports approximately 535+ employees in a unionized facility. This “hands-on” position requires significant interaction and visibility to all levels of the organization, departments, and all shifts in a manufacturing environment. It is an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources Professional who desires to be a change leader influencing results for the customers they support. The HR Generalist reports to the HR Manager.
- Working for International Paper, must be personally committed to safety, demonstrate safety leadership, and work to continuously improve and sustain a safe work environment.
- Provide a full range of human resources and operational support to all team members and levels of management at the Rome Mill. Interpret and answer inquires related to HR policies and procedures, and provide counsel through coaching and education while ensuring consistency and reinforcing adherence as appropriate.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining respectful working relationships with all employees and leaders, including Labor Union Leaders.
- Attract, develop and retain diverse talent utilizing selection tools and competency model. Educate, coach and counsel leaders and team members on employee development, diversity and performance to build work teams who fully contribute to meeting or exceeding business goals.
- Drive and participate with leaders to develop work system improvements to raise employee engagement and positively impact business profitability.
- Maintenance of human resources record retention requirements based on IP Records Retention Compliance Certification Process.
- Ensure personnel decisions, policies, procedures and reporting requirements comply with regulatory requirements and IP core values. Keeps abreast of regulatory provisions impacting employment issues and labor relations.
- Lead or provide support to investigate and resolve employee relations issues to include formal and informal complaints.
- Take responsibility for new HR projects and activities as assigned.
Successful candidate should have the ability to:
- Instill safety as a core value within the team and effectively communicate a shared vision for safety.
- Recruit and evaluate applicants for employment to obtain most qualified candidates for the mill.
- Utilize excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to groups and individuals at all levels.
- Approach positional responsibilities in a professional and inclusive manner by engaging all team members.
- Utilize strong organizational skills to handle multiple tasks effectively.
- An undergraduate degree in Human Resources, or a related subject, with a minimum five (5) years of experience working in Human Resources.
- Experience working in a unionized manufacturing/industrial environment.
- Experience leading or participating in performance management, conducting investigations, policy management, recruitment, succession and workforce planning, employee engagement, and training and development.
- Experience working with SuccessFactors and SAP is preferred, with strong computer experience using Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Requires effective leadership skills to facilitate meetings, with ability to clearly explain and articulate instructions/procedures for training purposes.
- Action Oriented, Timely Decision Making, Decision Quality, Organizing, Perseverance, Priority Setting, Problem Solving, Drive for Results, Time Management, Customer Focus, Integrity & Trust, Interpersonal Savvy, Listening, Peer Relationships, Dealing with Ambiguity, Functional/Technical Skills, Learning on the Fly, Self-Development, Technical Learning, Planning.
Pay Level is based on experience
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rome GA 30165