What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
International Paper (http://www.internationalpaper.com
) is the world’s largest paper and forest products company. Primary businesses include paper, packaging and forest products for a variety of end uses. International Paper is a Fortune 500 Company with operations around the globe.
We currently have an opening for a Process Improvement Manager at our Garden City, Kansas corrugated plant. This facility manufactures packaging products for local and national customers.
We are looking for an experienced, motivated individual who is capable of leading the facility efforts in the process improvement, quality and safety functions. The position reports to the manufacturing manager. Specific responsibilities include:
- Ensure compliance with all company safety policies and procedures
- Continue to develop and improve safety systems to include ownership, communication, training, recognition, safety audits and behavioral based safety practices
- Proactively address safety related issues; ensure immediate attention given to any injuries in the workplace
- Maintain all environmental , health and safety records
- Work with supervisors and operating teams to understand and improve manufacturing systems;
- Emphasize use of manufacturing reliability tools to accomplish operating objectives
- Ensures compliance with corporate quality systems; Provides follow-up on quality issues that arise
- Facilitate task teams to reduce performance gaps in safety, productivity, efficiency and other operational elements at facility.
- Providing leadership, coaching, mentoring to supervisors and employees on engagement processes
The successful candidate will provide support, direction and leadership to the manufacturing team without having formal reporting responsibility. As such, the ideal candidate will be required to have strong leadership, relationship and influence skills in the attainment goals.
Competitive candidates will possess a degree or have equivalent experience and have a solid track record of 5 or more years manufacturing experience in the paper/ corrugated packaging industry. Specific competencies required include functional/technical skills, action oriented, dealing with ambiguity, career ambition, command skills, directing others, motivating others, interpersonal savvy, organizing, drive for results, problem solving, process management, strategic agility and building effective teams. Position will be adjusted based on individual experience and skill set.
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account. This is a great opportunity for a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.