What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
- International Paper’s Virginia Area Sales Group has an immediate opening for a Sales Representative to develop and service accounts primarily in the Virginia Market. The positions primarily supports our Petersburg and Lynchburg Container facilities.
- Position Role: The role of this position is to profitably maintain and grow IP sales by developing and executing Key Account Plans with priority strategic Accounts. The position is responsible for providing insights for development of customer Value Propositions that will create IP market advantage. The position will provide timely feedback on market, customer and competitive activity influencing the market. The position participates in development and has responsibility for delivery of financial solutions.
- Scope: Individual contributor (no direct reports). Has geographic or sub-segment sales responsibility. Position participates in the account team’s ability to use IP resources to successfully execute value propositions. Position has sales responsible for a high transaction to consultative mix of accounts. The majority of these accounts are on the business unit’s lower 50% account list. The assigned accounts are primarily single location operations and low to moderately complex in nature. Some assigned accounts may be key accounts. Position has demonstrated mid-management level value to account. Successful mid-level management relationships developed. Moderate supervision required from manager and position possesses moderate commitment authority. This position participates in development and delivery of financial solutions
- Minimum Experience: 5 plus years in sales preferably in the Corrugated Industry.
- Education: Minimum: BA/BS
- Profitably grow the business with priority strategic (high transactional to consultative mix) accounts by developing and successfully implementing Key Account Plans.
- Enable profitable decision-making through demonstrated knowledge of; general business principles, internal financial management and industry business practices.
- Identify and implement Value Propositions with priority customers through knowledge and application of IP corporate/business capabilities and resources.
- Create IP advantage through continuous evaluation of market conditions, competitive environment and opportunities for innovation.
- Drive for results
- Action oriented
- Functional/technical skills
- Customer focus
- Learning on the fly
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.