Recycling Plant Superintendent
It's time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say infinite possibilities, we mean it.
International Paper operates a recycling business which collects, sorts, and processes waste paper and other recyclables across North America. The business contributes to the U.S. paper recycling environmental success story (where recovery now exceeds 60%) and contributes to International Paper’s manufacturing success.
This position reports to the Plant General Manager and is a hands-on leadership position responsible for providing leadership to all hourly employees.
This vacancy is for a Plant Superintendent is at our Carrollton, TX Recycling Plant.
- Primary responsibility is Safety, People, and Engagement
- Provide safety leadership to ensure all employees work and behave in a safe manner
- Provide safety leadership to ensure a safe work environment is maintained 100% of the time
- Ensure all team members meet IP’s LIFE safety objectives and remain injury free
- Ensure compliance of EHS policies and procedures
- Support, coach, and direct the daily operations of the recycling plant
- Ensure a great customer experience for plant customers
- Execute effective material receiving process
- Schedule daily production of the baler, shredder, and outbound shipments
- Ensure recyclable material produced at the plant meets customer quality standards
- Help achieve plant financial targets by managing operational costs
- Provide leadership in transportation, operations, maintenance, and capital expense
- Execute manufacturing excellence principles to drive lean manufacturing and continuous improvement projects
- Lead and conduct plant safety meetings
- Ensure plant housekeeping meets established standards
- Ensure effective training of plant personnel
- Drive improvements in operating processes and workflow
- Develop working knowledge of P&L statement
- Identify opportunities to improve plant financial results
- Proven commitment to safety leadership and EHS processes
- Demonstrate the ability to lead, engage, and develop a highly diverse work force in operations
- A leader that is action oriented and has strong drive for results to achieve goals
- Be a leader of high integrity and trust
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills
- Must be able to work within a team atmosphere and effectively coach for results
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office software suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Previous supervisory experience
- Experience in recycling industry and plant operations
- Operation’s management experience in a highly fluid manufacturing environment
- Proficiency in Spanish is desirable, however not required
This position requires a college degree (or equivalent education and experience), solid analytical skills, and the demonstrated ability to lead others. Spanish speaking skills would be considered an asset.
This position requires a leader who is willing to work in a plant manufacturing environment that is subject to the external environment such as heat and cold. The position requires the leader to be present on the production floor a minimum of four hours per day to observe and direct the daily operations.
Relocation is available for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Veterans