What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
We currently have an opening for a Assistant Maintenance Manager out of our San Antonio, TX Sheet location. This role will report directly to the Maintenance Manager.
The Assistant Manager, Maintenance, is responsible for managing a shift or team of maintenance hourly technicians, the compilation of reports & statistics related to key performance measures for the maintenance department, the planning process for maintenance projects and leading various EHS initiatives related to maintenance & environmental compliance under the direction of the facility Maintenance Manager.
- Supervises a shift or team of maintenance hourly technicians. Also fills in for maintenance manager as needed to manage the entire facility maintenance department.
- Manages the maintenance budget for the facility including running and reviewing SAP reports and maintaining a spreadsheet of YTD expenditures.
- Utilizes systems, including KIWI and SAP, to track maintenance key performance measures, including: mechanical/electrical downtime, maintenance reliability indices, maintenance breakdowns, etc.
- Manages the work order system and tracks work orders through completion. Compiles a report related to work order efficiency for the leadership team at the facility.
- Conducts a weekly maintenance priority meeting with the maintenance and production leadership team at the facility to review the open notifications and work order backlog. The purpose of this meeting is to plan and prioritize projects for the next 7 days and garner leadership support of these activities.
- Responsible for planning of maintenance projects including scheduling of personnel (employees and contractors), maintaining project budget, accessing machine manuals, ensuring needed parts are in inventory, working with production team to schedule time and ensuring work orders are in the system, updated and completed throughout the project.
- Works in conjunction with the Maintenance Manager and local leadership team to schedule predictive/preventative maintenance activities to keep all equipment in good working order.
- Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, leads some Environmental Health & Safety initiatives in the facility including: air permitting, storm water compliance, HAZMAT, waste water compliance, roof maintenance, Infared inspections, compressed air management, cooling tower/chiller, air handlers, fire & safety system, inspections, contractor training, employee training, electrical, hot work, etc.
- Responsible for the inventory/parts management of the facility’s store-room, including maintenance of inventory in the system (SAP), ensuring proper inventory levels are maintained, store-room organization, and kitting for projects.
- Assists Maintenance Manager as needed in the development and management of capital projects in the ePAD system.
- Responsible for maintenance budgeting and assisting with capital project planning & implementation.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Veterans