This position manages all Purchasing and Storeroom functions and activities for the Riegelwood Mill. The position has direct responsibility for Purchasing and Stores inventory and controls. The Manager of Purchasing and Stores must manage sourcing and storeroom functions at the mill in conjunction with mill operational and maintenance requirements and Global Sourcing purchasing, policies, and procedures. The position will report to the East Regional Purchasing Manager with functional responsibility to the mill controller. The position will have 5-6 direct reports including the Stores Supervisor and exempt and non-exempt Buyers.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Execution of mill sourcing functions to meet the needs and requirements of mill operations and maintenance
- Deliver value to the mill through effective procurement activities at the local level as well as ensuring implementation and adherence of Global Sourcing agreements.
- Lead and execute Global Sourcing strategies for purchasing and storeroom processes at the mill level.
- Ensure that Purchasing and Storeroom activities are in compliance with Corporate and Global Sourcing policies and procedures and any corporate audit agreements.
- Execute contracts in coordination with Legal as required.
- Work with the Storeroom team and Maintenance to set objectives and manage implementation of initiatives to optimize inventory levels to reduce mill working capital while maintaining service and mill reliability.
- Track and report supplier performance and escalate supplier issues as appropriate.
- Serve on regional cross-functional teams to improve procurement and supply management processes, inventories, and total cost of ownership.
- Recommend new suppliers based on quality, service, and competitive pricing.
- Facilitate risk management processes -- contractor insurance, safety documents and pre-qualifications are in place and meet IP and mill requirements.
- Measure and track process improvements as outlined by Global Sourcing and mill KPI’s.
- Support Finance group in balance sheet, budget, and standard cost activities.
- Responsible to provide safety leadership through modeling of safe behaviors and to ensure employee adherence to all mill safety requirements and expectations.
- Develop, foster, and maintain team relationships.
- Management of Purchasing and Stores personnel including execution of the Performance and Development Roadmap.
- Support and exemplify the vision, principles, and behaviors of both International Paper and the Riegelwood, NC Mill.
Working Conditions/Personal Demands
- Must be able to wear all required personal safety equipment including but not limited to eye protection, hearing protection, safety shoes, head protection, etc.
- Successful candidates should be open for future relocation potential
- Support continuous mill operations including weekend duty rotations
Competencies required for the position
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Building Effective Teams
- Conflict Management
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Problem Solving
- Managerial Courage
Skills and Knowledge required for the position:
- Microsoft Suite – Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook
- SAP, Business Warehouse
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proven skills in bidding, negotiating, and administering contracts and agreements.
- Significant expertise in procurement and commercial practices.
- Working knowledge and understanding of accounting and internal controls.
- Knowledge of maintenance/operations planning processes.
Education and Work Experience
- A BS/BA degree in Management, Supply Chain, Finance, or Engineering is required.
- Procurement and/or Stores experience with 5 – 10 years preferred.
- Five years experience working in an industrial manufacturing operation. Paper Mill experience is preferred.
- Storeroom Management experience and familiarity with inventory management control systems is desired.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.