The Safety/Training Coordinator position is located in Memphis, TN and will report to the Director, Health & Safety. The ideal candidate will have relevant education and experience in a manufacturing setting and should bring to this position a type of creativity and “can do” attitude that will help make the overall organization successful. This position builds on IP’s reputation for excellence, innovation and leadership in EHS management, and delivers solutions that sustain and improve current levels of EHS performance in a more effective and efficient manner.
The Safety/Training Coordinator will assist senior H&S professionals responsible for developing technically innovative strategies to the most challenging health & safety issues facing the company. The incumbent will also provide support to drive continuous systematic improvement in our safety performance. Additional responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the coordination of EHS training programs, and the development, scheduling and maintenance of training programs working with both outside consultants and internal stakeholders.
- Highly organized; able to manage a diversity of projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in training coordination
- Excellent Team Skills
- Drive for Results
- Excellent communication skills and computer skills (Microsoft Office, Sharepoint preferred)
- Problem solving abilities
- Ability to gather and analyze statistical data
- Integrity and Trust
- Works independently with minimal guidance
- Bachelor’s degree in health & safety related discipline (Industrial Hygiene, Safety, Occupational Health).
- Master’s degree in related discipline and/or 2 – 3 years related work experience preferred.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills; presentation and training delivery skills.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Memphis TN 38197