Reliability Engineering Supervisor
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
The Reliability Engineering Supervisor will drive the continuous improvement for reliability at the Savannah Mill. Leads the mill’s electrical and mechanical reliability engineers in the prevention, identification/elimination of equipment failures. Set vision, goals, and objectives to ensure alignment of reliability organization efforts with mill, division, and company goals. This position reports directly to the Mill Reliability Leader.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the area Operations and Maintenance staff to facilitate effective strategic maintenance initiatives that support achievement of reliability goals, objectives, key performance metrics, and maintenance cost objectives, and capital projects execution.
- Provide leadership and support to Instrument and Electrical Precision Maintenance and Mechanical Precision Maintenance programs in the mill.
- Drive root cause failure analysis program on reliability incidents to identify and correct physical, human, and latent root causes especially for chronic reliability problems
- Identify and implement reliability best practices from across the mill, business, and company. Seek out and implement best practices using teams, databases, vendors, and other technical resources
- Work within manufacturing work systems (MWS) process to analyze work notifications to ensure the right jobs are worked at the right time and assist with the planning of complex work orders to achieve reliability targets
- Utilize LEAN/Six Sigma principles as a tool to improve/sustain maintenance performance
- Support 5S program for the area and drive improvement projects, audit systems, and excellent results
- Provide support for capital project development
- Provide support for budgeting cycle targeted at delivering year over year savings
- Actively support the planning effort for annual shutdown to include; job planning, job coordination, resource planning and financial management.
- Facilitate and sustain forward progress in attaining all objectives of IP Global Manufacturing System reliability elements (13) in the mill.
- Facilitate self-assessments and peer assessments for GMS Reliability Elements.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineer, or equivalent professional work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience with strong preference in an Integrated Paper Mill Operations.
- Experience with reliability improvement methods, technologies, and tools.
- Experience with root cause failure analysis systems (Taproot, fishbone, etc.)
- Experience working with predictive maintenance tools.
- Experience and knowledge of maintenance planning and scheduling practices.
- Experience and knowledge of manufacturing excellence tool kit
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.