What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
The Complex controller position functions as a business partner with plants and financial management to effectively manage and control the local business. Directs the financial activities of the complex by establishing and maintaining effective fiscal procedures and controls, analyzing performance and recommending or directing action needed to maximize the financial return of the complex to the division and corporation. Provides leadership to Finance Staff in organization relating to people development activities. Is accountable for plants - level responsibilities including general accounting, payables, order entry, billing, cost accounting, bill of materials, business analysis, financial reporting, sales management, and computer operations. Will also liaison with corporate financial staff, as required.
* Ensures the complex maintains accurate books and records in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and that the business is conducted in compliance with established division and corporate policies, procedures and practices.
* Directs the preparation and analysis of operating results, operating trends, capital projects, special projects and operating forecasts in order to assist the Complex General Manager in his/her management objectives.
* Determines the assets of the complex are properly managed and protected. Establish procedures and controls that ensure adequate protection. Ensure that an adequate system of internal controls exists for the plant.
* Directs the preparation and analysis of the annual operating, strategic plan and capital plan in conjunction with other complex management members.
* Supervises staff on day to day accounting functions and applicable analytical work. Develop qualified financial personnel for the company by providing guidance, supervision and training for the financial organization.
* Accountable for timely communication with Division/Segment finance organization regarding internal controls, reporting and business analysis to keep information flowing to all management levels.
A degree in business or a related field is required. The ideal candidate will have a solid track 5+ years as plant controller or cost manager in a manufacturing environment, managing a staff, with an emphasis on cost accounting, reporting and variance analysis. Advanced MS Office package (especially Excel and Power Point) and familiarity with general ledger systems such as SAP or other similar consolidation packages. Demonstrate insightful use of financial analysis techniques, tools, and concepts, to provide advice to business area partners and management in order to drive business results. Proficient in planning, forecasting, budget development. Ability to prioritize workload and meet strict deadlines. Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with diverse audiences through diplomacy and tact. Ability to work well in a matrixed organization. Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management. Ability to motivate, engage and lead in a dynamic fast - pace environment.
* Customer Focus
* Business Acumen
* Managing Vision and Purpose
* Building Effective Teams
* Informing Skills
* Managerial Courage
* Learning on the Fly
* Priority Setting/Time Management
* Budgeting and Performance Reporting Against Books
* Financial Concepts
* Standard Costs
* Strategic Planning
* Basic Accounting and Controls
* SAP Working Knowledge
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.