What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
The successful individual will direct the financial activities of the facility by establishing and maintaining effective fiscal procedures and controls, analyzing performance and recommending or directing action needed to maximize the financial return of the business to the division and the corporation. Provides leadership to the accounting staff as it relates to people development activities.
- The Controller is accountable for ensuring accurate books and records in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and that the business is conducted in compliance with established division and corporate policies, procedures and practices; ensures accurate and timely processing of daily, weekly, and monthly responsibilities and reports.
- This position will direct the preparation and analysis of the strategic plan, capital plan, monthly operating results, trends, capital projects and operating forecasts in order to meet facility objectives.
- Management of the finance staff on a day to day basis including financial transactions, analytical work and overall development.
- Safeguard Company assets by designing and implementing cost-effective control systems which reflect the risk environment for the business and the assets to be safeguarded.
- Serve as a pro-active participant in the plant management team by identifying and recommending solutions to business problems.
- Support cost reduction efforts through analysis and highlighting cost reduction opportunities along with actively educating team on key cost drivers and financial metrics.
- Undergraduate degree with focus on accounting and/or finance
- Five years of experience in a financial/accounting function
- Three years of experience in manufacturing related environment
- Proven supervisory, interpersonal, and communication skills. Must be a catalyst for leading change.
- Proven ability to analyze financial statements and identify potential problems
- Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
- Experience in the corrugated industry
- Experience in cash management
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.