What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Electrical Area Reliability Engineer
The Savannah Mill is seeking an Electrical Area Reliability Engineer for the Paper, Power and/or Fibers area. The Electrical Area Reliability Engineer is responsible for providing assistance in problem solving process reliability issues. We are seeking a candidate with knowledge of industrial reliability improvements methods, programs, processes and technology. The Electrical Reliability Engineer will support the reliability team and operations in the development of reliability standards and practices. Responsible for maintaining documented records of and tracking key metrics in deliberate improvement projects and results. The Reliability Engineer reports to the Reliability Manager.
- Get Criticalities correct. Once complete, this will drive the rest.
- Updating of criticality coding – this is keeping it correct
- RCFA & P/CF execution and follow-up
- Must find latent causes and eliminate failures
- A critical part of their work - let NOTHING get in the way.
- 50-60% of their time, after Job 1 done
- Lead the Technicians
- Prioritize time based inspections done by crews
- Route development
- Route audits
- Prioritizing the Technician’s work requests
- Processing Technician’s work requests to work orders
- Control and prioritize the flow of work from notification to work order planning, including the
Work Order backlog
- “Design for Reliability” review: Changes (indirect work) and Capital projects
- Planning: Plan highly critical jobs portions, prior to giving to a Planner; Create detailed plans for complex jobs (especially infrequent ones)
- Conduct FMEAs
- Lead small capital reliability improvement projects, from start to finish
- Ensure that certified kills cross department boundaries when warranted
- Develop QA and QC programs for the facility by asset class
- Must be able to wear all required safety equipment.
- Access confined space entries for RCFA investigations.
- Operate or work in industrial conditions (i.e. warm/hot, dusty/dirty, around hazardous chemicals, noise, heavy machinery or elevated working surfaces with proper safety training and safety protection)
- Engineering Degree Required
- Preferred candidate has 2 or more years experience in Power/Fiber area or 5 years experience in Paper area.
- Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Building Effective Teams – Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Command Skills – Relishes leading; takes unpopular stands if necessary; encourages direct and tough debate but isn’t afraid to end it and move on; is looked to for direction in crisis; faces adversity head on; energized by tough challenges.
- Customer Focus – is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customs and gains their trust and respect.
- Managing Vision and Purpose – Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense at core purpose; talks beyond today; talks about possibilities; is optimistic; creates mileposts and symbols to rally support behind their vision; makes the vision shareable by everyone; can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations.
- Strategic Agility – Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Business Acumen – Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans