International Paper (NYSE: IP) is a global leader in packaging and paper with manufacturing operations in North America, Europe, Latin America, Russia, Asia and North Africa. Its businesses include industrial and consumer packaging and uncoated papers. Headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., the company employs approximately 65,000 people and is strategically located in more than 24 countries serving customers worldwide.
International Paper’s vision is to be one of the best and most respected companies in the world. A company of substance in everything we do, from the products we make, to investing in communities, to protecting our environment, International Paper supports communities where our employees live and work.
Front Line Leader for the Corrugated/Converting department responsible for the supervision, directing and leadership of one or more assigned shifts of hourly employees in safety, quality, productivity and engagement to ensure goals are met.
- Oversees all corrugator/converting supervisors and employees in the areas of safety, productivity, quality and housekeeping, while leading and motivating employees to work efficiently and effectively, ensuring a safe work environment, and a quality product.
- Establish high morale within your department by showing fairness, consistency, and an interest in employee problems. Maintain confidentiality.
- Ensure compliance of all quality checks; coordinate upkeep of machinery with Maintenance team to minimize downtime; assist in troubleshooting machine problems.
- Oversees training employees, planning and assigning work.
- Report to Manufacturing Manager any issues that might affect overall production or plant operations.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- College and or technical coursework preferred.
- Prior experience in the corrugated packaging industry required.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Customer Focused
- Developing Direct Reports
- Integrity and Trust
- Managerial Courage
- Organizational Skills
- Business Acumen
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account. This is a great opportunity to start a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans