What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
The Augusta Mill EHS Manager is responsible for directing and administering the facility safety and environmental programs, policies and procedures to ensure the mill complies with all applicable environmental, health and safety laws and regulations.
- Integrate continuous improvements in environmental and safety systems and must drive employee engagement to achieve desired results.
- Achieve continuous improvement through sustainable EHS management systems
- Develop, implement, and maintain effective systems, procedures and training to achieve an accident free and environmental incident free mill
- Support all safety and environmental incident investigation processes, including reviewing investigations and corrective actions
- Drive the Environmental, Health and Safety elements of the Global Manufacturing System within the Augusta Mill and ensuring that mill leadership at all levels provide good safety leadership for our team.
- Direct reports of this position include Contracted Health Services team, Mill Fire Chief, Manager Health and Safety, and Manager Environmental. The Health Services organization provides 24/7 care to employees.
- The safety department consists of a safety engineer, 7 hourly safety advocates, oversight of our on-shift hourly safety captains, and management of our contracted critical safety inspectors that perform compliance inspections of systems and equipment. Contracted Security that works 24/7 is also managed by the safety department.
- The environmental team manages our water and waste area including river pumps, filtered water supply to the mill and management of our effluent plant system. This team includes a water/waste FLL, Environmental FLL who manages our lab technicians and two environmental engineers.
Successful candidate should have the ability to:
- Work closely with local community leaders to present the mill as a good corporate citizen for safety and environmental stewardship
- Instill safety as a core value within the mill team and effectively communicate a shared vision for safety
- Develop thorough knowledge of mill equipment and systems quickly
- Must be able to relate well to all levels of the organization and is a key member of the mill lead team.
- Utilize excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to groups and individuals at all levels
- Ability to relate well to peer group and influence and support mill lead team to deliver on multiple obligations including those in the EHS area
- Approach positional responsibilities in an inclusive manner by engaging all team members in area, department, and mill
- Exhibit the characteristics of the IP leadership model (Character, Capability, Catalyst)
- Utilize the International Paper Change Process to drive change
- Utilize strong organizational skills to handle multiple tasks effectively
Ten (10) years post college experience in EHS with minimum five (5) years experience managing an EHS team in a complex regulatory environment. BS degree in engineering (electrical, mechanical or chemical), environmental sciences or a related field.
Customer Focus, Organizing, Planning, Priority Setting, Process Management, Managing Through Systems, Confronting Direct Reports, Dealing with Ambiguity, Developing Direct Reports, Directing Others, Integrity and Trust, Listening, Motivating Others, Drive for Results, Building Effective Teams, Understanding Others, Action Oriented, Technical/Functional Skills, Command Skills, Conflict Management, Timely Decision Making, Decision Quality, Learning on the Fly, Managerial Courage, Managing & Measuring Work, Problem Solving, Standing Alone
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.