What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Area Process Manager – Pulp
General Information & Description:
This position reports to the Pulp Mill Business Unit Manager at the Pine Hill, AL mill. The Pulp Area Process Manager provides support and leadership for the pulp mill crews to ensure success. Ensuring focus on quality and productivity must be accomplished through daily interaction with Operations personnel. The successful candidate must have a strong propensity to champion department safety by taking the lead on all safety programs.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Responsible for safe work environment, including conducting safety meetings, safety observations and correcting unsafe behaviors and conditions.
- Provide support for day-today troubleshooting and product quality.
- Participate in pulp mill reliability initiatives.
- Develop and maintain Pulp Mill department training.
- Coordinate Pulp Area activities with other Area Process Managers to maximize mill productivity and reliability.
- Responsible for and direct housekeeping and 5S activities in the area.
- Qualified candidates must possess a solid understanding of the Pulp Mill Area and a thorough knowledge of continuous digesters, pulp screening and washing. This includes key understandings of the critical parameters that impact safety, environmental, costs, quality, and customers.
- Experience and knowledge of wood yard and caustic operations and PSM (Process Safety Management), preferred not required.
- Candidates must possess ability to manage and coordinate multiple tasks, an understanding of team concepts, a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as well as an established skill to execute work based on standards and procedures.
- Qualified candidates must have a demonstrated ability to enforce accountability.
- Technical degree or equivalent work experience required
- 5+ years manufacturing experience
- 3 to 5 years pulp mill experience is required for entry into this position.
- Proven Safety Leadership Skills
- Demonstrated competence to work:
- With minimum supervision
- With all levels of mill mgmt.
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills
Action Oriented, Organizational Skills, Managing and Measuring Work, Priority Setting, Building Effective Teams, Conflict Management, Managing through Systems, Listening, Informing, Confronting Direct Reports, Functional Technical Skill/Knowledge. Qualified candidates must possess good oral and written communication skills.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.