What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Manufacturing Resource Leader-Finished Products
This position reports to the Manufacturing Excellence Manager at Texarkana Mill and will be responsible for working with the Finished Products team to drive continuous improvement. The ME Leader-FP is responsible for the platform and process for managing improvement within the department with a focus on machine and process efficiency, productivity, engagement and customers. This position coordinates the evaluation, identification, and prioritization of department performance improvement opportunities. The ME Leader-FP works with mill teams to integrate and prioritize Manufacturing Excellence (ME) initiatives for finished products and the overall mill. As part of the deliberate improvement team, this position supports projects as a means to achieve the Year-over-Year cost goals. The ME Resources Leader-Finished Products is knowledgeable of the papermaking process and serves as a technical resource.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Performance gap identification for the department
- Identifies area key drivers for improvement
- Assist area leaders in developing the department’s yearly improvement plan
- Develops and mentors FLL and Operators
- Lead the department Strategy Deployment process with area leadership
- Participate in capital and non-capital cost reduction project selection, development and implementation
- Utilize ME tools to ensure improvement opportunities are timely identified, resolved and the solution is sustainable
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, related degree or equivalent experience
- The ideal candidate has 8 to 10 experience working in a paper machine department
- Green Belt certification or possesses manufacturing Excellence training and experience using ME tools
- Track record of proven leadership skills
- Problem solving
- Developing direct reports
- Functional Technical Skills
- Drive for Results
- Action Oriented
- Written and oral communication
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.