What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
We currently have an opening for a Structural Designer at our Eighty Four, PA corrugated plant. This facility manufactures packaging products for local and national customers. The position reports to the Field Sales Manager.
Specific responsibilities include:
Utilize existing materials to create new, unique packaging design. The designer designs and submits samples to prospective customers for the purpose of securing new business and maintaining present business. Provides technical assistance to the sales force and customer service department regarding layouts, orders detailed artwork, printing dies and approves printing press and die cut set-ups for initial order of new designs.
Major responsibilities and qualifications:
- Capable of performing informal test to box design utilizing local testing equipment.
- Redesigns items to improve runnability and/or profitability if brought to his/her attention by sales manager
- Explains to sales representatives in an informal manner the role of design as it relates to the sales effort. Able to teach new sales reps how to make a corrugated container
- May be asked to participate in sales calls or customer visits, but generally only in the presence or direction of sales rep of the account
- Receives projects from assigned sales force. Priority of projects is periodically reviewed by sales manager. Work may be occasionally checked for accuracy before presented to customer.
- Measured by a-z report: each year and for a period of at least three years his/her designs for new, added or improved business generate operating profit, contribution to fixed or contribution to standard.
- Knowledge of the properties of corrugated material
- Knowledge of standard costing system
- A measure of knowledge of the production process and machine limitations
- Knowledge of automated packaging equipment used by customers, as well as some knowledge of limitations and most appropriate application
- Computer literate and knowledge of cad system
Competitive candidates will possess a bachelor’s degree or have equivalent experience. Corrugated packaging industry experienced preferred.
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account. This is a great opportunity to start a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry.
Qualified candidates should express interest by applying online at www.internationalpaper.com
. Click “Careers” then “Search Open Positions” then choose “Pennsylvania” as the state and select the job that you are interested in.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.