What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
The purpose of this position is to provide the business with capabilities to lead plastics cost reduction and continuous improvement efforts. This role is also a key role in the development and commercialization of new plastic products.
The key customers served are the global Foodservice Business manufacturing locations.
Outputs include reduction in plastics manufacturing costs, improved product quality, and faster new product development.
- Implement and evaluate changes to existing plastics processes designed to improve product quality, productivity and overall equipment efficiency.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts to improve quality, productivity, and cost reduction.
- Use Design of Experiments (DOE), Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA), and other tools to identify root causes when solving process problems.
- Lead New Product Development plastic product trials from pilot runs through commercialization.
- Work with production facilities to assist with the startup new processing equipment.
- Work with production facilities to develop and implement universal standards and best practices.
- Lead several concurrent projects while meeting established timelines.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required. Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- 5+ years relevant experience in plastics process engineering. Extrusion and Thermoforming of thin-gauge Polypropylene, PET, PLA, and HIPS preferred.
- Six Sigma Certification strongly preferred.
- Use of statistical analysis software tools such as Minitab.
- Clearly demonstrated methodical root cause focused problem solving skills.
- Ability to present project results via clear written communication.
Action Oriented, Creativity, Decision Quality, Ethics and Values, Functional/Technical Skills, Integrity and Trust, Intellectual Horsepower, Problem Solving, Process Management, Time Management, Written Communications.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Veterans