What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
This role is designed to direct the workforce on day-to-day operational, safety, and people issues in the Printing department.
- Ensure safety goals are met by following defined safety procedures, encouraging involvement, following up on safety concerns, and modeling proper safe behaviors
- Provide leadership to promote employee engagement, including listening and responding to employee issues, taking decisive actions, recognizing excellent performance, and holding employees accountable for undesirable behaviors
- Meet quality and waste goals by ensuring all direct reports are properly trained on equipment, performing necessary inspections and following up on suggested improvements
- Communicate effectively both up and down the organization on key issues (e.g. daily crew meetings, performance/1-on-1’s, CSA’s, overtime plans, monthly business results, etc.)
- Meet department productivity goals by establishing clear goals, providing the necessary resources to direct reports, ensuring proper equipment care/maintenance, and engaging the workforce.
Managing The Work: Customer Focus, Managing & Measuring, Organizing, Planning, Priority Setting, Process Management
Getting Work Done Through Others: Conflict Management, Confronting Direct Reports, Delegation, Directing Others, Informing, Listening, Motivating Others, Drive for Results, Sizing Up People, Building Effective Teams
Being Personally Effective: Action Oriented, Timely Decision Making, Decision Quality, Learning on the Fly, Problem Solving, Standing Alone
- College degree strongly preferred
- 5-7 years of supervisory experience in a Printing Operation (Flexographic preferred)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively problem solve (TCC/Trouble Cause Correction)
- Experience with Process Improvement (Lean, Six Sigma, 5S or other discipline)
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.