What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
International Paper (NYSE: IP) is a global leader in packaging and paper with manufacturing operations in North America, Europe, Latin America, Russia, Asia and North Africa. Its businesses include industrial and consumer packaging and uncoated papers. Headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., the company employs approximately 65,000 people and is strategically located in more than 24 countries serving customers worldwide.
International Paper’s vision is to be one of the best and most respected companies in the world. A company of substance in everything we do, from the products we make, to investing in communities, to protecting our environment, International Paper supports communities where our employees live and work.
The Manufacturing Manager provides leadership, coordination, and competencies that guide the manufacturing team and processes in the area of safety, productivity, housekeeping, customer satisfaction, cost effectiveness, and people systems; while promoting continuous improvement and the use of reliable methods within the manufacturing organization. The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for the development and achievement of the manufacturing business plan and overall cost effectiveness of the manufacturing operation.
- Monitors and directs the performance of all manufacturing activities including throughput, cost and waste control, maintenance, quality, inventories control, and meeting budgeted production metrics, while ensuring that all safety reliable methods are in place.
- Implements and maintains systems to drive manufacturing improvements.
- Leads, coaches, motivates and engages work teams to accomplish operational objectives.
- Ensures that all management, manufacturing, maintenance, and human resources systems are current and effectively utilized, and improved where possible.
- Ensures that all manufacturing processes are run in accordance with EPA regulations.
- Actively involved in the development of employees through training, coaching, and performance review feedback.
- BS/BA in Related Field or Equivalent Experience
- 5+ Years of industry experience
- In depth knowledge of corrugated packaging manufacturing processes and technology
- Functional/technical skills
- Action oriented
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Career ambition
- Command skills
- Directing others
- Motivating others
- Interpersonal savvy
- Drive for results
- Problem solving
- Process management
- Strategic agility
- Building effective teams
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account. This is a great opportunity to start a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans