Job Title: Buyer Corporate Services
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Buyer – Corporate Services
This position will report to the Manager, Corporate Services and will support 2 to 3 senior buyers in the procurement of materials and services utilized by the IT organization. This role will be Involved in the development of specifications, identifies potential suppliers and issues requests for quotations. Analyzes quotations, selects or recommends suppliers and schedules work or deliveries. Follows established purchasing policies and procedures and optimizes price, delivery and terms.
- Achieve cost reduction goals in the purchase of services by working with the staff organizations that utilize the services, and introducing best practices to the procurement process.
- Identify opportunities for savings in the purchase of goods or services by analyzing spend information available through SAP, BW and other databases.
- Consolidate purchases to achieve optimum price and service by finding instances where multiple vendors are used for the same or similar services.
- Secure the cooperation of staff groups in the purchasing process by working closely with them to ensure their requirements are met while achieving financial goals.
- Lead stakeholders and vendor through influence
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Business, Logistics, Finance or other suitable degree
- A minimum of 3 years work experience is needed which should include work on cross-functional teams
- Experience negotiating contracts preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Demonstrated time management, communications, presentation and change management skills
- Time Management
- Drive for Results
- Conflict Management
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Business Acumen
- Self Development
- Technical Learning
- Customer Focus
- Learning on the Fly
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.