What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Posting Dates: 02/20/2017 - 03/06/2017
Relocation Paid: Yes
Perform procurement functions at the Cedar River, IA mill to secure goods and/or services for the facility in accordance with purchasing policy and delegated authority to maximize total value received and produce results that contribute to the meeting of the facility’s business objectives. The position reports to the Manager of Purchasing & Stores and will be located at the Cedar River Mill. Position level will depend upon experience and education of the successful candidate.
- Provide prompt and professional purchasing services to internal customers by communicating effectively with the Operations, Engineering (including Capital), and Maintenance.
- Support a shared responsibility for capital projects through the procurement process and contract execution and adherence.
- Promptly handle requisitions to ensure stable supply and timely availability of materials and service. Follow up with vendors regarding order status.
- Purchases services which includes coordination of people and equipment as well as managing quality of work. Negotiate rates for labor and materials.
- Procure goods and services up to $300k according to Purchasing Policy through competitive bidding.
- Deliver value to the mill through effective procurement activities at the local level as well as ensuring implementation and adherence of Global Sourcing agreements and sourcing events.
- Prepare and publish specifications for bid packets, evaluate bid responses, verify history of supplier service and ability to meet contract specifications, and negotiate contracts.
- Ensure contractors meet all safety and insurance requirements for providing on-site services.
- Develop an effective supplier base by cultivating supplier relationships through reviews of operations and mutually beneficial programs.
- Implementation of Global Sourcing Agreements and strategies for purchasing and materials management processes at the unit level.
- Obtain maximum value for IP regarding cost, quality, delivery and service levels through methods of negotiation.
- Support Corporate and Regional MRO agreements consistent with Global Sourcing direction.
- Track and report supplier performance and escalate supplier issues as appropriate.
- Pursue Diversity Suppliers for certification.
- Assist with reconciliation of invoices for Contracted Services Vendors.
- Work with internal groups and with external vendors to resolve invoicing and payment issues.
- Pursue opportunities to consolidate purchases and competitively source materials under local, regional, and national contracts.
- Provide backup and vacation relief to the Purchasing Manager and other team members.
- Ensure adherence to IP Corporate financial and purchasing policies and procedures.
- Review Internal Control Reports with understanding to seek resolution with minimal guidance.
- Provide safety leadership through modeling of safe behaviors. Ensure employee adherence to all mill safety requirements and expectations.
- Must be able to wear all required personal safety equipment including but not limited to eye protection, hearing protection, hard hats and safety shoes.
- May be required to work extended hours
- Must be available for after hours, weekend call and holiday call based on a rotating schedule.
Key Competencies Required:
Integrity & Trust
Drive for Results
Dealing with Ambiguity
Knowledge And Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years purchasing or related field experience preferred. Including bidding, negotiating, and administering contracts and agreements
- Pulp and Paper Mill experience preferred. Industrial/manufacturing experience required.
- Effective Written & Verbal Communication Skills
- Proficient in Computer Use
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, Power Point, Access and Outlook
- SAP Business Software Knowledge Preferred
Education: Bachelor’s Degree. BA or BS degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Finance or Business Administration, or related field or equivalent work experience.
Position reports to: Manager of Purchasing & Stores
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Cedar Rapids IA 52404