What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Posting Dates: 02/23/2017 - 03/09/2017
Candidate Identified: No
Relocation Paid: Yes
Perform procurement and storeroom support functions at the IP Riverdale Mill for the purpose of securing goods and/or services for the facility. Buyer responsibilities to be governed by the IP Financial Policy, Global Sourcing Policy, and delegated authority, so as to maximize total value received and produce results that contribute to meeting the facility’s business objectives. The position reports to the Mill Purchasing/ Stores Manager and will be located at the Selma, AL Mill.
- Support mill safety initiatives and provide safety leadership through the modeling of safe behaviors, and ensure employee adherence to all mill safety requirements and expectations.
- Provide prompt and professional purchasing services to internal customers by communicating effectively with the Operating, Engineering, Maintenance, and Finance areas
- Support a shared responsibility for capital projects through the procurement process and contract execution and adherence.
- Actively participate in the development and execution of site-specific plans to ensure successful implementation of Global Manufacturing Systems
- Promptly process requisitions to ensure stable supply and timely availability of materials and services
- Ensure purchased goods and services are of acceptable quality and meet established specifications and requirements
- Excute material handling rolling stock leasing process
- Prepare and publish specifications for bids, evaluate and document bid responses/results, verify history of supplier service and ability to meet contract specifications and negotiate contracts
- Ensure contractors meet all safety and insurance requirements for providing on-site services
- Develop an effective supplier base by cultivating supplier relationships through reviews of operations and mutually beneficial programs
- Recommend new suppliers based on quality, service, and competitive pricing
- Implementation of Global Sourcing Agreements and strategies for purchasing and materials management processes at the unit level
- Obtain maximum value for IP regarding cost, quality, delivery and service levels
- Overall assurance of customer satisfaction, value generation, and service delivery for the Franklin Mill
- Support Corporate and Regional MRO agreements consistent with Global Sourcing direction
- Track and report supplier performance and escalate supplier issues as appropriate
- Pursue opportunities to consolidate purchases and competitively source materials under local, regional, and national contracts
- Participate in Global Sourcing team-based events
- Work with suppliers, contractors and Accounts Payables to resolve contractor/supplier invoice issues
- Ensure adherence to IP Corporate financial and purchasing policies and procedures
Working Conditions/Personal Demands
- Must be able to wear all required personal safety equipment including but not limited to eye protection, hearing protection, and fall protection in elevated positions
- Will be required to work extended hours as needed
- Must be available to provide after hours, weekend, and holiday call, will be based on rotating schedule.
Key Competencies Required:
Integrity & Trust
Drive for Results
Knowledge And Experience:
- Minimum of (5) years purchasing experience including bidding, negotiating, and administering contracts and agreements.
- Pulp and Paper Mill experience preferred. Industrial/manufacturing experience required.
- Effective written & verbal communication skills
- Proficient in computer use, which includes efficient keyboarding skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook
- SAP Business Software Knowledge Preferred
Education: BA or BS degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Finance or Business Administration. Related field or equivalent work experience will be considered.
Position reports to: Manager of Purchasing and Stores
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Selma AL 36701-8311