What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
The role of Engineering Technician is to coordinate all phases of document management for the mill; processes, systems, equipment and/or vendor drawings and other engineering materials. The development and implementation of our engineering documentation control and management systems. The Engineering Technician is responsible for the support of the engineering team in; planning, controlling and meeting project budgets, schedules, and execution of all capital projects. Supports engagement and alignment from required project constituents and team members for all projects.
Job Description / Duties
- Update AutoCAD drawings to reflect changes on red line drawings
- Independently field check drawings for accuracy as required.
- Hang record drawings in permanent files
- Ownership of the drawing and equipment file system for the mill.
- Locate and provide copies of drawing and equipment files as requested.
- Order or store stock all consumables and oversee repair of all printing, copying and scanning equipment in the engineering department.
- Transfer all equipment and drawing records to the permanent file system at the completion of engineering and maintenance projects.
- Maintain awareness of current projects and continuously work with engineers and maintenance planners to ensure that equipment and drawing records are turned over in an orderly manner at the completion of each project.
- Ensure that the latest revision or record copy of each document is being filed.
- Sort through thousands of unfiled hard copy drawings and equipment records – identify mill location, modify as necessary and place in permanent files.
- Sort though fifteen thousand unfiled electronic drawing and equipment files – identify mill location, modify as necessary and place in permanent files.
- Create and update construction and shutdown schedules in Microsoft Project for engineers based on information provided.
- Scanning of project files and drawings for those in the system.
Skills / Competencies
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems in an industrial environment
- Understanding of components in an industrial process, such as control valves, gearboxes, pumps, instrumentation, etc. and ability to separate documentation into identifiable packages for filing.
- Ability to change tasks quickly and without notice if required.
- Ability work systematically through large tasks and not become overwhelmed.
- Detail oriented
- Ability and desire to obtain in depth knowledge of mill equipment organization
- Fully proficient in 2D AutoCAD drawing features
- Ability to create and / or modify 3D AutoCAD models is a plus
- Experience with AutoCAD Vault or similar program
- Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to write formulas and manage large amounts data in excel is a plus
- Microsoft Project
- Ability to create and modify construction schedules
Action Oriented; Timely Decision Making; Decision Quality; Organizing; Perseverance; Priority Setting; Problem Solving; Drive for Results; Time Management; Customer Focus; Integrity & Trust; Interpersonal; Savvy; Listening; Peer Relationships; Dealing with Ambiguity; Functional Technical Skills; Learning on the Fly; Self Development; Technical Learning
3 + years engineering support & coordination experience. Experience documentation and drawing management/control systems.
High School diploma required, post-secondary degree preferred.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.