What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
We currently have an opening for a National Accounts Segment Lead Designer in our Value Added Services Group within the Container business.
The Segment Design Lead position provides our customers with industry leading, innovative packaging solutions and industry specific single point of contact expertise. This position is customer focused and responsible for producing a variety of packaging and presentation materials. The key functions include research, development, prototyping, retailer knowledge, customer knowledge, mentoring, and providing creative direction to team members regarding best practices for design and manufacturing. This Designer must be able to work independently and will have account responsibilities working directly with clients and vendors. This position will be responsible for aligning business objectives for the oil segment with customer needs and plant operations.
- Maintains safety as a core value and engages with others to address unsafe conditions or behaviors.
- Successfully builds and grooms internal and external relationships
- Consistent delivery of industry leading solutions that exceed clients’ expectations
- Utilizes design skills to elevate IP’s position within the marketplace
- Takes design responsibility/lead for all oil segment accounts and others as assigned
- Knowledge of corrugated and other packaging material properties in order to optimize primary and secondary packaging performance
- Ability to make decisions regarding structural design and some graphic design including, planograms taking into consideration logistics, retail environment, while complying to retailer guidelines and specifications.
- Work with sales, designers, project managers, design manager and/or the client to understand requirements and translate into creative solutions.
- Understands and monitors supply chain complexities and their influence on packaging and identifies potential opportunities for proactive designs
- Communicates design solutions to all stake holders appropriately utilizing, Impact CAD, WebConnex, Tops, Box Comp and all other design related tools
- Coordinates sampling trials and support from local plants and other sources
- Advanced understanding of manufacturing methods, materials and mechanical packaging
- Creates and maintains structural designs and specifications via the Impact CAD system
- Maintains Spec Management for internal and external shareholders via WebConnex system.
- Maintains all appropriate project tracking mechanisms (CVA tracker, Segment Project log)
- Maintains alignment with business leaders through regular project status updates
- Understands customer pricelists and business mix and utilizes this to manage specifications, drive cost savings and margin improvement opportunities
- Understands and leads CVA process for assigned customers and further supports National and Local Accounts CVA activities as needed
- Strong organizational skills managing multiple projects and meeting deliverables within expected timelines
- Flexible with respect to meeting customer needs and requests
- Utilize NAC tools such as MPS, Black-shirt quality and CVA leadership team
- Comfortable interacting with customers independently at all levels
- Strong basic computer skills (excel, word, ppt, snagit, etc.)
- Constantly monitors industry trends, shares and influences developments.
- Leads local design and manufacturing to ensure alignment of National Account customer solutions
- BS or BA in related field or equivalent experience required.
- A minimum of eight years of experience in design or a packaging related industry preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of design, corrugated and retail channel guidelines.
- Advanced knowledge of CAD engineering software and hardware.
- Strong time management, organizational skills, and oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently and as part of a larger design team.
- Comfortable working on multiple projects under tight time constraints.
- Independent thinking and action.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Command skills.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Action oriented and focused on customer satisfaction.
- Ability to lead others and drive change.
- Box performance evaluation and recommendations.
- Able to work evenings or weekends, as needed, to meet department needs.
International Paper is a Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans