What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
The purpose of this position is to provide drafting support to Menomonee Falls (MnF) Engineering in its mission of providing value added engineering and project management services. The key customers that the MnF Engineering group is supporting are Foodservice Business (FSB) and NAC (North America Container) manufacturing locations as well as FSB sales and marketing. Outputs include detailed CAD design drawings, machine and process design, custom tooling design, and engineering consultation.
- Abilities to generate detailed CAD drawings for the MnF Foodservice and North America Container divisions for new equipment design and equipment upgrades.
- Have abilities to follow up a hand sketches, verbal description of design changes (ECN’s) and implement those into the functional part models.
- Willingness to travel to manufacturing plants to obtain additional details on engineering changes of equipment already installed in the field.
- Have in depth proficiency in ACAD and Solidworks CAD software
- Apply principles of “Design for Manufacturability” to optimize the detail drawings for ease of manufacturing
- Have proficiency in GDT (Geometric Tolerancing and Dimensioning)
- Learn the MnF CAD filing and drafting standards and provide Engineering with Solidworks and AutoCAD drawings as requested for FSB projects.
- Deliver results within the prescribed development timeline and engineering budgets.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills and ability to work with teams for drawing creation and detailing.
- The external environment, including technology, competition, markets:
- Job occasional requires working with outside vendors and suppliers to clarify component technology and design details to help optimize the overall part design and manufacturing processes.
- The internal environment, including interaction with others, (both inside and outside the company) policies/practices:
- Work on regular basis mostly with engineering, parts fabrication and shop assembly functions .
- Learn all aspects of drafting process for converting machinery from engineers while completing projects.
- Participate in external or on line training sessions to stay current with software releases
- The work itself, e.g., problems, opportunities, change:
- Engineering department works with critical time schedule. The Mechanical Drafter needs to be on board and in full cooperation with posted delivery dates. This would include working overtime to complete assignments.
Knowledge & Experience
- Associates in Drafting (Or High School degree with equivalent work experience)
- Strong and solid skills in operating Solidworks ACAD CAD software
- Strong experience with working with large Solidworks assemblies
- Ability to develop detail mechanical drawings for precision high speed converting equipment.
- Develop detail mechanical drawings for tooling used on converting equipment
- 1 to 2 years drafting experience with Solidworks and AutoCAD.
- Experience preparing drawings to engineering specifications.
- Experience with mechanical assembly and inspection
- Experience with GDT
- Familiarity with materials, heat treating and surface finishes
- Familiarity with weldments and welding standards
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to review and analyze sketches and ideas provided by others and turn those into complete functional 3D models.
- Ability to modify and revise existing older drawings and bring them to current drafting standards.
- Ability to correct redlined drawings
- Consult with engineering and fabrications representatives to review and resolve drawing issues.
- Ability to generate equipment operating manuals and technical documentations needed for end users.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Veterans