What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
The Reliability GMS Audit Group develops, implements, and maintains the process to assess conformance with the Reliability element of the GMS. The GMS Auditor will work closely with other auditors, the Reliability GMS Leader, and manufacturing site personnel to test the Reliability GMS systems and will assist the Reliability GMS element owners with certification recommendations and GAP closure plans. The Reliability GMS Auditor is expected to have an understanding of the Reliability Elements (Annual Outage, MWS, RCFA, Precision Practices (MPM, EPD, IEPM), Lubrication, Facilities Preservation, Equipment Care (BC, PM, PdM), Reliability Organization, and Reliability Certification. The Reliability GMS Auditor should have a working knowledge of how audits are conducted, understand management system concepts (including the GMS), possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and have the interpersonal skills needed to participate in GMS audits and interact with all levels of the organization. GMS system implementation experience, is highly preferred. Reliability GMS Auditors are part of IP’s Global Reliability Center of Excellence which supports the continuous improvement efforts of IP’s many and varied manufacturing facilities.
The position will report to the Reliability GMS Leader. The Reliability GMS Auditor will be capable of coordinating, participating in, and leading on-site certification audits with minimal managerial oversight at IP mills globally. This position requires at least 80% travel, including international travel.
Job responsibilities include the following activities:
- Develop and maintain Reliability GMS audit processes for pulp/paper mill operations;
- Develop the audit tools, templates, and reporting formats used to certify the facilities in Reliability GMS;
- Work with other GMS auditors and support resources to build a cohesive certification process across all GMS Elements;
- Participate in effective GMS certification audits which:
- Identify instances of nonconformance with the GMS;
- Identify weaknesses in facility procedures, programs, and the management systems;
- Identify strengths in the facility procedures, programs, and systems that could benefit others;
- Determine if a site is certifiable and that the programs are sustainable;
- Develop timely and accurate reports;
- Promote the understanding of GMS expectations with facility staff in a clear and constructive way;
- Effectively communicate audit results to facility staff;
- Identify weaknesses and improvement opportunities in auditing methodologies, protocols, and processes;
- Identify best practices and actively maintain platform for sharing with other facilities.
Education and Experience:
BS or MS in business, science or engineering preferred;
5+ years in a manufacturing environment, technical support role or equivalent;
Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills;
A strong knowledge of IP Reliability GMS expectations;
Familiarity with Annual Outage, MWS, RCFA, Precision Practices (MPM, EPD, IEPM), Lubrication, Facilities Preservation, Equipment Care (BC, PM, PdM), Reliability Organization, and Reliability Certification.;
Demonstrated ability to work within teams;
A desire and ability to work globally (without restriction);
Some prior audit experience is desirable;
IP Pulp and Paper mill manufacturing experience is highly desirable.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
[[Loveland]] [[OH]] 45140