International Paper (http://www.internationalpaper.com) is the world’s largest paper and forest products company. Primary businesses include paper, packaging and forest products for a variety of end users. International Paper is a Fortune 500 Company with operations around the globe.
We currently have an opening for a Container the Americas (CTA) National Accounts Pricing Analyst reporting into the National Accounts Manager of Strategic Pricing. CTA National Accounts offers the opportunity to learn and grow your knowledge of IP’s corrugated box business in a fun and team oriented environment.
Purpose and Scope:
- This position is part of the CTA National Accounts pricing team and serves as a liaison between sales, manufacturing, customer service, and pricing to coordinate and lead national accounts bids and financial analysis.
- The Pricing Analyst is responsible for overseeing National Account Bids and Analysis including requests for information (RFI), requests for quotes (RFQ), aligning plants to bids, arranging / bid conference calls, inputting plant estimates in financial models, building customer pricing models, and developing and interpreting profitability summaries for review on all bids.
- In addition, this position is responsible for training and mentoring the pricing analyst team, including educating the team on financial models and leading new initiatives/processes within National Accounts.
- Financial and cost analysis is a key requirement of this position both on a by-item as well as by-customer basis. Examples may include: cost savings projects, product mix shifts, and/or board grade substitutions.
- The position is heavily involved in identifying and valuing price leakage activities at the CTA national account level – unearned discounts, credit terms, contract reviews by national account manager, drop trailer analysis, etc.
- Bid process coordination and account pricing/estimates. This includes coordinating bid strategy conference call and follow-up activities; performing detailed analysis of customer specifications and collaborating with manufacturing to understand the plant’s capabilities and capacity; coordinating/updating all estimates through the plants or entering specifications into financial models; developing profitability summaries/analysis, as well as post bid analysis.
- Price leakage reviews, which include monitoring pricing campaigns and ensuring price levels are accurate by customer, assisting with national account contract reviews and bids by monitoring and evaluating costs, credit issues and warehousing.
- Performing customer/product analysis which involves product substitution analyses (market and financial), as well as cost versus benefit analysis relating to new product developments.
- Analyzing customer pricing models during RFQs including but not limited to identifying potential pitfalls, proposing customer changes and adjusting models to drive National Account value.
- Developing pricing models from scratch and presenting to both internal and external customers.
- Assisting with the development of new and improved processes such as the bid process, pricing analysis standardized reporting, IT projects, and contract/deal worksheet management.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 7 years financial experience, with at least 2 in a role with analytical responsibility, preferably in CTA; leadership experience preferred
- BA in Accounting, Finance or Economics required, post graduate degree preferred
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint including formulas such as VLOOKUP, IF statements, pivot tables, etc.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, both written and oral
- SAP BW preferred
- SAP BEX Analyzer a plus
Key Competencies and Skills:
- Dealing With Ambiguity
- Organizational Skills
- Team Player
- Time Management
- Action Oriented
- Priority Setting
- Problem Solving
- Drive for Results
- Functional/Technical Skills
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account.
Qualified candidates should express interest by applying online at internationalpaper.com.
International Paper is a Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans