What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Candidate Identified: No
Relocation Paid: Yes
Perform procurement and storeroom functions at the Queen City, Texas mill to secure goods and/or services for the facility in accordance with purchasing policy and delegated authority so as to maximize total value received and produce results that contribute to the meeting of the facility’s business objectives. The position reports to the Stores Supervisor and will be located at the Texarkana Mill. Position level will depend upon experience and education of the successful candidate.
- Support stores, mill operations and maintenance through supervision of stores inventory services.
- Manage Repair/Rebuild Process
- Review MRP/Reservations Purchase Requisitions
- Renumber of temporary material numbers
- MRP reorder twice per week
- Investigate and process inventory deletions and obsolescence requests when identified
- Focus on material description corrections
- Creation of all new material masters for store stock items at plant level
- Deletion of all material masters for store stock items at plant level
- Review materials for reference to equipment BOM’s based on historical usage information
- Review min/max stocking levels
- Coordinate return/cancellation purchase orders with MRP Coordinator
- Resolve unidentifiable material on MRP run and communicate with Coordinator/Supplier
- Support Centralized MRP Process
- Manages supplier relationships
- With little supervision executes buying strategies and analyzes market and industry conditions
- Assists with development of supply recommendations.
- Assist maintenance as needed with the following tasks:
- Stores emergency material investigations
- Troubleshooting issues with stores material
- Maintain material cross referencing and compatibility
- Assist with material rebuild management
- Maintains vendor histories due to buy-outs to ensure the correct vendor is kept for supply needs and quality
- Quality Control for stores material
- Adapts to changes by suppliers to meet the needs of the mill
- Back up when Stores Supervisor is out and/or on vacation
- Participate in the Weekend Duty Rotation with Purchasing Department
- Must be able to wear all required personal safety equipment including but not limited to eye protection, hearing protection, and fall protection in elevated positions.
- May be required to work extended hours and must be available for weekend call.
Key Competencies Required:
Strong Ability to Multi-Task
Knowledge And Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Materials Management or Stores related field
- Pulp and Paper Mill experience preferred. Industrial/manufacturing experience required.
- Effective Written & Verbal Communication Skills
- Proficient in Computer Use
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- SAP Business Software Knowledge Preferred
Education: Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience
Position reports to: Storeroom Supervisor
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Texarkana TX 75504