What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
POSTING DATES: 08/29/2016 - 09/122016
The Rail Carrier Manager (RCM), for Center of Transportation Excellence (CTE) will be responsible for all facets of rail transportation including operations, carrier performance, procurement and cost feasibility assessment. Daily interactions are with Business Units, Railroads, and facilities. RCM’s will be assigned to specific facilities. Each facility will have one CTE rail support contact, but may be served by 1 or 2 railroads.
- Analyze facility shipments to ensure sufficient rail capacity is maintained for the facility and modify as appropriate.
- Evaluate performance of rail carriers using Dashboard metrics, facility, customer service feedback, and IntelliTrans.
- Responsible for metrics and maintenance of rail metrics dashboard, effective communications to Railroads and IP stakeholders in addition to carrier improvement programs.
- Perform ongoing reviews of railcar availability and demand to meet business needs. Ensures adequate daily, weekly, long term capacity for requirements
- Ensures facility railcar orders are filled, monitor pipeline, investigate and determine the cause and resolution for discrepancies, communicate to IP stakeholders
- Provide feedback to the Businesses on rail carrier service complaints and successes.
- Negotiate and contract the best overall value proposition (price/service/capacity), for transportation services, while following the Collaboration, Strategy, Source, & Sustain (CSSS) processes.
- Seek out cost reduction opportunities through negotiations, enhanced cost control, operational stream lining, cost avoidance, and the pursuit of total cost of ownership savings
- Responsible for resolving conflict between carrier and facility
- Develops and maintains carrier profiles for each rail carrier
- Maintain Facility Rail Profiles
- Recommends and develops service programs for businesses and/or facilities
- Leads face to face meetings and/or conference calls with business, facilities, and rail carriers
- Effectively communicate expectations to rail carriers and monitors adherence
- Manage rates and routes in SAP and Transportation Business Center
- Self Development - Industry knowledge, OMD/LMS development, CSA & Personal Scorecard
- Minimum of 6 Safety Credits per year
- Provide efficient and effective transportation solutions using TCO principles
- Increase boxcar utilization, while lowering costs
- Managing boxcar supply and maintaining boxcar order fill at minimum of 90%
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Knowledge and Experience:
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years experience rail industry with management/decision making experience
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member
- Demonstrated record of achieving results as a self starter
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Customer Focus
- Priority Setting
- Drive for Results
- Understanding Others
- Action Oriented
- Conflict Management
- Managerial Courage
- Managing and Measuring
Salary level commensurate with experience.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Memphis TN 38197