North American Papers is a 2 million annual ton division of International Paper made up of three business groups – Imagining Papers, Printing Papers, and Converting Papers.
The Supply Planner has responsibility for maintaining a run schedule that meets the needs of our manufacturing facilities and our customers. Supply Planners work closely with production facilities, Customer Service, Replenishment Planners and Sales to ensure realistic run schedules are published that enable International Paper to make and keep promises to our customers.
The role reports directly to a business Operations Manager, working as part of a larger planning team with formal responsibility for a specific business within North American Papers.
The Supply Planner:
- Manages the production planning and detailed scheduling of an assigned manufacturing asset which could include paper machines, sheeters, and/or rewinders.
- Optimizes earnings by making significant cost and revenue impacting decisions
- Drives integrated alignment between Customer Service, Sales, Supply Planning, the Center of Transportation Excellence, and our mills using defined SAP operating model processes.
- Create detail production plans that minimize waste and production over/under runs while meeting the unique requirements of each asset.
- Ensure customer orders and stock replenishments are produced on time, in full, with no errors.
- Anticipate, react to, and resolve manufacturing/market disruptions to maintain service levels.
- Proactively communicate with Sales, Customer Service, Replenishment Planning, and business leadership around customer impacting issues.
- Coordinate with manufacturing to implement executable monthly production plans from master planning.
- Support manufacturing excellence, deliberate improvement, and high impact projects.
- Understand the dependencies between Supply Planning, Replenishment Planning, Order Management, Demand/Master Planning, Transportation, and Manufacturing processes.
Knowledge and Experience: