We currently have an opening for a Lead Designer in our Value Added Services Group within the Container business.
The Structural Design Lead position provides our customers with industry leading, innovative packaging solutions. This position is responsible for producing a variety of packaging and presentation materials. The key functions include research, development, prototyping, retailer knowledge, customer knowledge, mentoring, and providing creative direction to some team members regarding best practices for design and manufacturing. This Designer should be able to work independently and may have account responsibilities requiring them to work directly with clients and vendors.
- Consistent delivery of industry leading solutions that exceed clients’ expectations
- Utilizes design skills to elevate IP’s position within the marketplace
- Takes design responsibility/lead for multiple accounts
- Has good understanding of corrugated and paper material properties from the smallest solid fiber box to large bulk applications
- Ability to independently make creative decisions regarding structural design and some graphic design including, planograms, logistics considerations, print, retail environment, and retailer guidelines and specifications.
- Conceptual Development: Works with sales, designers, project managers, design manager and/or the client to understand creative requirements and translates those requirements into a creative solution.
- Creates dynamic, structurally sound designs and understands how to create well thought out, innovative solutions that can be produced within our manufacturing operations.
- Advanced understanding of manufacturing methods/applications and takes them into consideration when developing concept and production designs.
- May provide creative direction and oversee multiple projects.
- May work directly with clients or oversee a creative account.
- Ability to make client presentations.
- Evaluates and improves processes.
- Constantly monitors industry trends and shares and influences developments.
- Continually develops cross-functional skills/awareness (individually and team).
- Ability to design around the use or removal of alternative materials including, wood, metal and plastic.
- Is capable of leading local design and manufacturing to ensure alignment of National Account customer solutions
- BS or BA in related field or equivalent experience required.
- A minimum of eight years of experience in design or a packaging related industry preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of design, corrugated and retail channel guidelines.
- Advanced knowledge of CAD engineering software and hardware.
- Strong time management, organizational skills, and oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently and as part of a larger design team.
- Comfortable working on multiple projects under tight time constraints.
- Independent thinking and action.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Command skills.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Action oriented and focused on customer satisfaction.
- Ability to lead others and drive change.
- Box performance evaluation and recommendations.
- Able to work evenings or weekends, as needed, to meet department needs.
“Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans”