What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Customer Service Logistics Leader
International Paper operates a recycling business which collects, sorts, and processes waste paper across North America. The business contributes to the U.S. paper recycling environmental success story (where recovery now exceeds 60%) and contributes to International Paper’s manufacturing success.
This role is assigned to the IPR Recycling Business. The Logistic Leader will be responsible for providing logistics leadership, executing cost-to-serve initiatives, leading customer logistics collaborations and managing transportation/warehouse spend for the business group they support. This role works closely with Customer Service, Commercial, Operations, Global Sourcing, Global Supply Chain and CTE to execute logistic projects or changes. This leader must influence both the business and the supply chain organizations to ensure that both areas are represented when coordinating complex coordinating complex business improvement projects while providing strategic/tactical support. The expectation is that a minimum of 50% of the Logistics Leader’s time will involve activities related to Deliberate Improvement. The Leader should, however, maintain awareness of the business and problems while staying primarily focused on proactive, long-term progress on improvement. The Logistics Leader must ensure close coordination with resources at all levels of the organization, including Business Managers, Regional Managers, and the “improve” resources, to ensure the business strategy.
It will be essential to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization, including Regional Managers, Plant General Managers, Commercial Director, Sales Manager and the Director of Logistics for North America It is critical to build alignment between the deliver organization and the business/sector to implement projects and achieve results. It is imperative to understand the business, the customer’s service expectations and costs, to ensure sustainable changes are made.
This position will report to the Director of Customer Service and be a key member of the Customer Service Lead Team.
LOCATION: Memphis, TN
- Functional lead for logistics and contributing member of Customer Service Lead Team.
- Lead and coordinate operational activities that provide advance planning to avoid inefficiencies and to maintain cross-organizational alignment, as well as engage in issue resolution to address unforeseen developments that impact the logistics portion of the IPR business
- Manages on time delivery and service improvements for the business segment supported.
- Dedicated Leader for Deliberate Improvement project identification and execution in Business Unit
- Work within the assigned business team and other logistics team to analyze data and identify project opportunities.
- Closely aligned with cross-functional stakeholders to break down barriers and to enable logistics activities to function seamlessly in support of business results for IP and to satisfy the needs of our customers.
- Develop reports, scorecards, and metrics to track the executed benefits.
- Communicate project status to various parts of the organization, both through formal presentations and informal hot topic meetings.
- Lead teams with enterprise wide resources and collaborate with customers to effectively reduce cost or improve service.
- Identify and implement opportunities to optimize transportation across the Recycling business and other IP businesses.
- The Customer Service Logistics Leader must have the ability to travel domestically up to 30% of the time.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree is required
- 3-5 years of Project Management experience and/or certification is a plus
- IPG business knowledge preferred
- Analytical skills and data analysis required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience influencing others without direct management authority
- Customer facing experience preferred
- Experience analyzing and developing strategic business solutions
- Skilled at managing and developing teams
- Managerial Courage
- Motivating Others
- Drive for Results
- Learning on the Fly
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Organizational Agility
- Comfort around Higher Management
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Presentation Skills
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.