International Paper currently has an opening for a Project Manager II – Electrical or Mechanical Engineer (Rome Mill) in Rome, GA. Role reports to Engineering Manager.
The role of a Project Manager II is to coordinates all phases of project, from business justification (FEL1) to start-up including preliminary design studies, selection of equipment or vendors, and development and implementation of recommendations. The Project Manager is responsible for the budget, schedule, and performance of all assigned capital projects. Assure engagement and alignment from required project constituents and team members for all projects. The position is also responsible for development of less experienced team members.
- BS Degree in Engineering
- General Experience – 5 plus years industrial work experience in project management. Portfolio management capability of > $5 MM per year and/or > 15 active projects per year.
- General Skill Requirements –
- Proficient in the following areas;
- Safety and LIFE program requirements for capital projects, Process and regulatory knowledge (Technology, Operating dynamics, Reliability, pulp and paper preferred),Cost Control, tracking and forecasting, Portfolio Management, Strategic Planning PDP, Startup / Ramp up Planning, Engineering Management (REO, Design Firms), Estimating Skills, Series 100, 200 + PM training, CIM, Corp. Policies, ePAD, SAP, Contracting Strategies, Construction Management, Mentoring, Outage planning and execution (PPA's, IPOPER's, risk mgt, etc)Languages (with Skill Level) – Good command of English language.
- Construction Experience –
- Management of individual contractors on process industry capital projects. Understanding of different project contract types (T&M, Lump sum, etc). Understanding of construction completion , checkout, commissioning and QA/QC processes and procedures.
- Design Experience –
- Discipline specific knowledge of engineering requirements for project component selection and design. Appropriate application and use of industry and company design standards and specifications. Ability to read, interpret and edit engineering documentation across one or more disciplines.
- Procurement Experience –
- Understands bidding, analysis (commercial and technical), negotiation and awarding processes associated with the procurement of equipment and services. Understands and can manage expediting and factory acceptance activities. Able to resolve contract issues and deficiencies with support.
- Engineering Management Experience –
- Ability to manage assigned projects that are engineered by contracted engineering resources. Understanding of engineering contractor processes, procedures and workflow. Skilled at determining the appropriate engineering deliverables (design and documentation) for assigned projects.
Action Oriented; Timely Decision Making; Decision Quality; Organizing; Perseverance; Priority Setting; Problem Solving; Drive for Results; Time Management; Customer Focus; Integrity & Trust; Interpersonal; Savvy; Listening; Peer Relationships; Dealing with Ambiguity; Functional Technical Skills; Learning on the Fly; Self Development; Technical Learning
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.