What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Relocation Paid: Yes
The Stores Supervisor supports mill operations and maintenance through supervision of stores inventory services and receipt and issuance of purchased materials/equipment. Position is also responsible for supporting purchasing department by purchasing materials, parts, supplies, services and equipment following established purchasing policies. This position will report to the Purchasing Manager, be located at the Orange, TX Mill, and have management responsibilities for 1 salaried storeroom buyer and 5-6 union storeroom clerks. Position level will depend upon experience and education of the successful candidate.
- Promote a safe work environment, proactively contribute to the department’s safety program and responsible for storeroom safety.
- Supervise and lead an organization that receive, stores & issues inventoried items and direct buy items & equipment.
- Develop direct reports to provide maximum customer service/support.
- Purchase materials and services from suppliers at lowest cost with consideration to quality, reliability and urgency of need.
- Responsible for maintaining stored items condition and count to support operations & maintenance.
- Identify and implement initiatives for optimizing storeroom inventory value (approximately $30 Million).
- Adhere to Global Sourcing and Internal Controls policies.
- Provide prompt and professional purchasing services to internal customers by communicating effectively with the Operating, Engineering, and Maintenance areas.
- Promptly handle requisitions to ensure stable supply and timely availability of materials.
- Ensure purchased goods and services are of acceptable quality and meet established specifications and requirements.
- Manages Reclamation of Scrap & Surplus Items & Materials.
- Manages stores equipment/item Repair Program, Consignment Program, and Vendor Managed Inventory Program all as parts of optimizing dollars expended in Stores Inventory Value.
- Identify potential suppliers and issue requests for quotes.
- Implement storeroom management best practices.
- Participates in the Weekend Duty rotation with Purchasing Department.
- Implementation of Global Sourcing Agreements and strategies for purchasing and materials management process at the unit level.
- Support mill’s 5S initiatives.
- Balancing mill needs of Store's inventory with an economically justified Stores Inventory
- Supporting overall mill maintenance efficiency
- Developing and maintaining a well cross-trained work group
- Supports Global Sourcing initiatives
Working Conditions/Personal Demands
- Must be able to wear all required personal safety equipment
- May be required to work extended hours
- Must be available for after hours / weekend duty, as needed
- Participates in the Weekend Duty rotation with Purchasing Department
- Normal Working Hours 7AM – 5:00PM Monday-Friday
Key Competencies Required:
Integrity & Trust
Drive for Results
Headcount Responsibility: 5-6 employees
Stores Inventory Value: $30-35 Million
Knowledge And Experience:
Supervisory/Management Experience Preferred
5 Years in Stores/Receiving or Warehousing Preferred
Procurement Experience Preferred
Pulp and Paper Mill experience preferred
Effective Written & Verbal Communication Skills
Proficient in Computer Use
Working Knowledge of MS Office Software
SAP Material Management experience Required
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Orange TX 77632