What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
This position is responsible for contract development, negotiation, implementation and ongoing supplier management associated with the corporate-wide procurement of energy related spend. The position is responsible for $100MM+ of spend at several primary mills. Responsibilities include development and implementation of initiatives that will maximize cost savings while providing high quality reliable energy supply and services.
This position will report the Manager of Global Energy Sourcing.
- Actively contribute to the development of team-based energy sourcing strategies, and then use those strategies to execute sourcing events.
- Establish contracts for materials and services, in accordance with corporate policy, to obtain maximum value for International Paper Company in terms of cost, quality, delivery, and continuing service. This is accomplished by obtaining competitive bids (or sole source negotiations where necessary), thoroughly evaluating bids, negotiating improved value, awarding/implementing contracts and managing on-going supplier relationships.
- Provide information to facilities, business groups and technology to assist in budget and/or project estimates and justifications. This information may include pricing, market conditions, deliveries, sources of supply, or new technology.
- Full responsibility for all category related activities. These include, but are not limited to: the Strategic Sourcing process, price control, proposal analysis, negotiating improved value, awarding & implementing contracts, and managing contracts to ensure on-going supplier relationships.
- Provide plants with accurate, timely information regarding terms of supply contracts. Be the liaison with plants and suppliers as issues of quality, price, and delivery arise.
- Surface and drive opportunities for reduction of TCO (total cost of ownership) by engaging key suppliers and facility personnel in suggesting improvements in our operations, processes, or procedures.
- Negotiate innovative supply and transportation contracts for the purchase and transmission of the lowest cost, reliable supplies to meet the needs of the businesses that minimize cost increases and maximize savings opportunities. Achieve substantive cost improvement by applying opportunities available in evolving commodity markets and by implementing negotiating strategies that leverage our assets while eliminating or minimizing capital expenditures.
- Analyze, plan, research and assess impacts of various utility and pipeline tariff filings on a local, state, and federal level. Identify new cost reduction and cost avoidance opportunities. Keep abreast and communicate impacts of market conditions, provide facility price forecasting, and drive alternative fuel decisions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers, IP government relations, facilities, technology, sustainability, and internal and external business representatives in order in influence competitive forces and facilitate communications regarding industry developments and their impact on our business.
- This position develops strategies and tactics used in negotiations and is ultimately responsible for bringing many difficult high dollar value supply negotiations to a satisfactory end, while at the same time achieving concessions necessary to ensure delivery of competitively priced materials and services.
- The Senior Buyer must gain the cooperation of a large number of stakeholders, including facility and corporate managers, engineers, and technicians.
- Continually pursuing opportunities with tenacity, in spite of the difficulties and resistance encountered, is essential to attaining the full value potential for the company.
- Undergraduate degree, with a minimum five years of related work experience; including working on cross functional teams and experience negotiating contracts. Graduate degree preferred.
- Ability to analyze and present complex data in writing and orally.
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal and account payables skills.
- Work experience in a manufacturing setting is preferred.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of materials and services being procured is desired. (Natural gas, coal, oil, electricity, petcoke, TDF, RTDF, etc.)
- Experience analyzing and presenting utility/energy information.
- Knowledge of electricity and natural gas tariffs.
- Experience negotiating contracts.
- Knowledge of the energy market dynamics.
- Knowledge of new and emerging trends in the area of energy efficiency.
- Experience participating in energy audits.
- Aptitude in energy conversion calculations.
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Drive for Results
- Functional/Technical skills
- Business Acumen
- Priority Setting
- Decision Quality
- Problem Solving
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Conflict Management
- Change Management
- Time Management
- Technical Learning
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Memphis TN 38197