What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
The Environmental Engineer is responsible for the overall waste management operations, Process Safety Management and community right to know reporting at the Springfield, Oregon paper mill. The successful candidate must be a strong safety advocate and work with the team in achieving safety excellence. This position will have on call responsibilities on a rotating basis for EHS. This position reports directly to the Environmental Health, Safety & Sustainability Manger.
- Provide strong leadership with regard to safety performance; set high expectations for the safe performance of all tasks; manage all department operations to ensure safe working conditions exist and that work may be conducted safely; personally comply with all mill safety requirements
- Develop and maintain environmental systems to drive sustainable performance.
- Lead mill water system optimization and mill waste reduction initiatives.
- Maintain systems to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Chemical management program responsibilities.
- Lead mill Process Safety Management program and develop working knowledge of PSM and NCG processes.
- Prepare reports pursuant to EPCRA, CERCLA and TSCA
- Monitor and coordinate the packaging, transport and disposal of hazardous materials and non-hazardous wastes in compliance with EPA and DOT regulations
- Interface with regulatory agencies to ensure the understanding of, and compliance with, all applicable environmental regulations and requirements
Key Knowledge, Experience and Required Competencies
- Candidate’s mix of formal education, professional training and qualification, and relevant industrial experience will be considered as it relates to the qualifications below:
- BS Degree in Engineering
- 1 to 5 years experience in Environmental, Health, and Safety preferred
- Paper mill experience considered a plus
- Strong commitment to safety in all aspects of business operations
- Knowledge of state and federal waste regulations applicable to industrial dischargers a plus
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge of laboratory quality assurance practices
- Knowledge of Hazardous Waste Treatment systems
- Knowledge of key WWTS equipment and the principals of biological wastewater treatment a plus
- Knowledge of Air Pollution Controls and CEMS a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software particularly Excel
Career Architect Competencies
- Action Oriented
- Drive for Results
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Priority Setting
- Problem Solving
- Technical Learning
- Timely Decision Making
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
[[Springfield]] [[OR]] 97478