What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
The Superintendent - Fiber reports to the Fiber Business Unit Manager and assists with management of all aspects of the fiber manufacturing processes to include safety, quality, production, cost, and people resources to achieve or exceed targeted performance levels. Coordinate activities with other departments to improve mill performance & maximize profitability. Establish systems for tracking and managing operational expenses and performance. This position will work with other leaders in the area to develop a high performance team.
- Demonstrate leadership in the area of safety; support broad based participation in the mill’s safety process
- Continue to develop and nurture a team based organization committed to employee participation, engagement and team work, to ensure the success of the Savannah Mill. Utilize CSA process to align Balance Scorecard initiatives to personal objectives
- Responsible for supervising, developing and mentoring APM(s) and Process Managers.
- Help lead the effort to develop a reliability culture where a clear partnership exists between Operations, Maintenance and Engineering
- Maintain a focus on product and process quality with excellent relationship with internal customers and suppliers such as the utilities, paper machines, and maintenance
- Assist with management of the area to achieve budget manufacturing costs, working and ensuring appropriate attention to cost issues and searching for new methods to allow cost reductions
- Foster a culture that supports basic care and improved reliability with goals to reduce the amount of unscheduled downtime
- Set expectations and hold both teams and individuals accountable for results and ensure the proper discipline process is followed as needed
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Related Technical Degree required
- Minimum of 7+ years of pulp mill experience
- Demonstrated record of safety commitment and results
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate to groups and individuals at all levels
- Demonstrated leadership focused on accountability and results
- Thorough knowledge of pulping processes and operations
- Understanding of lean manufacturing tools and their application in driving deliberate improvement initiatives.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.