The role of this position is to profitably maintain and grow IP sales by developing and executing Key Account Plans with high priority strategic Accounts. The position is responsible for providing insights for development of customer Value Propositions that will create IP market advantage. The position will provide timely feedback on market, customer and competitive activity influencing the market and develops effective responses. Is the primary developer and executor of financial solutions.
Individual contributor (no direct reports) assigned geographic or sub-segment sales responsibility. Position is responsible for a mix of consultative and transactional accounts that are in the business unit’s list of top 50% accounts. Responsibility for a moderately high level of business unit profitability. Assigned accounts are moderately complex in nature with few having multiple locations. Position has demonstrated senior management level value to account and has developed strong upper management relationships. Is the account team leader responsible for bringing resources to successfully execute the value propositions. Moderate supervision required and possesses significant commitment authority. Position participates in development and delivery of financial solutions.
- Profitably grow the business with priority, strategic accounts by developing and succesffuly implementing Key Account Plans.
- Enable profitable decision-making through demonstrated knowledge of general business principles, internal financial management, and industry business practices.
- Identify and implement Value Propositions with priority customers through knowledge and application of IP corporate/business capabilities and resources.
- Create IP advantage through continuous evaluation of market conditions, competitive environment and opportunities for innovation.
- Communicate information to customers regarding pricing, supply trends, and technologies within the packaging and corrugated industry.
- Keep aware of changes in the marketplace (i.e., packaging systems, preprint, HIG's, design innovations).
- Confer with Customer Service and Production departments regarding interpretation of critical customer quality specifications and containerboard consumption projections.
- Provide detailed analysis of customer potentials to management for market forecasting by business segment and machine requirements.
- Develop and foster sound customer relations and determine needs and opportunities in sales territory.
- Be innovative in approach to selling and meeting the customer's packaging needs (box design, packaging/machine systems).
- BA/BS in related field
- 3+ years of industry experience