What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
International Paper is looking for an exceptional Scientist to help us do applied research in the pulping, bleaching, and fiber modification areas. You will be a member of a dynamic, influential and highly regarded team of innovators and scientific business people based in our state-of-the art Technology Center in Cincinnati, Ohio. If you are an accomplished scientist with the entrepreneurial spirit, energy and zeal to generate and drive new business opportunities to commercialization in a major multinational corporation we would like to hear from you.
Key Competencies for the Research Scientist:
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Communication/Presentation Skills
- Perseverance and Drive for Results
- Team player
Key Accountabilities for the Research Scientist:
- Develop and maintain industry leading technology platforms aligned with business needs.
- Manage projects based on first principles of science, while building on current understanding in the field.
- Identify novel technologies worldwide. Apply scientific concepts to develop them into new or substantially advanced products and processes that make IP mills a low cost producer and meet business needs.
- Closely work with manufacturing solutions group to execute pre-pulp pro-audit and energy systems work for the mills successfully.
- Receives general supervision/guidance from more senior professionals and supervise and direct the lab work of lab technicians.
- Creatively apply cross-disciplinary scientific perspectives. Bring new solutions to old problems.
- Communicate with impact to cross-functional team members and management about research results.
- Network with leading research entities to leverage resources outside the Company.
Education for the Reasearch Scientist: PhD in Pulp & Paper Technology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Material Science, Physics, or related scientific field
Experience: 5 Years
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.