What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Posting Expires: December 1, 2015
The Brand Manager for Commercial Printing Papers will lead the strategic and tactical marketing effort for the Accent Opaque, Springhill Offset, Springhill Uncoated Bristols and Williamsburg Offset brands. These efforts will be driven through the merchant channel which focuses on the key segments in which these brands participate (commercial printing, book publishing and direct mail). He/she will report directly to the Marketing Manager for Commercial Printing Papers.
- Support the Marketing Manager in development of the business strategic plan and lead the execution of the brand components of the business strategic plan
- Develop and execute annual brand plans based on the 5 P’s of marketing across the various disciplines (sales, customer service, supply chain, manufacturing, pricing, etc.) to drive initiatives to achieve financial and volume goals
- Provide strategic direction on product, pricing, promotion and distribution that drives business direction and activity for each brand (including ebusiness and sustainability) while managing associated budgets
- Along with key team members (Marketing Manager, Associate Brand Manager, Digital Expert, Product Manager, Product Development Manager, etc.), drive new product development efforts while ensuring the existing product portfolio is market leading
- Provide analysis of key market segments to identify growth opportunities and unmet customer needs for greater profitability
- Provide competitive assessments (on products and services) and recommendations as they pertain to threats and/or opportunities
- Develop and execute relationships and strategies with OEMs (Canon, HP, Xerox, Ricoh, Screen, etc.)
- Develop and lead direct reports (Associate Brand Manager and Digital Expert)
Knowledge and Experience:
Education - MBA preferred
- Leadership role in developing and driving strategic visions
- Work experience in or related to the paper merchant channel
- Skilled in innovating and fostering creativity with resulting market acceptance
- Above average skills and evidence of the ability to persuade
- Repeated positive impact on the business by personal contact with customers
- Team members grow, develop, and have the tools they need to do their
- Position location Memphis, TN
- Percent travel estimated to be 60%
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Memphis TN 38197