What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
The Electrical Reliability Engineer will drive reliability performance in the mill by improving EPD systems, IEPM systems, Drive Control systems and other E/I areas that may need improvement. The focus will be in the Pulp and Power areas but may require effort in systems mill wide. Provide leadership within the Maintenance organization to develop the mill wide Reliability Culture. Responsible for providing technical solutions to repetitive and chronic equipment failures, develop/implement reliability systems, analyze data to identify areas of opportunity for cost reduction. The overall goals being to improve the mills equipment efficiency above world class benchmarks. The Electrical Reliability Engineer reports to the Reliability Manager.
- Management of Mill EPD program and documentation along with any training and any introduction of new technologies.
- Lead investigations (i.e. RCFA) to determine root causes of equipment failures.
- Assist in day to day electrical troubleshooting and problem solving as needed.
- Assist the area MWS teams and Electrical FLL’s with direction, standards, best practices, etc.
- Work with corporate technology group as needed to align resources and implement projects at the mill.
- Will be the Mill’s EPD GMS Element Leader. Drives sustainability in the EPD plan.
- Work with the Mill’s Utility supplier.
- Work actively with the Power team on any RBSA audits and improvements.
- Maintains any electrical critical equipment obsolescence plans.
- Works closely with the Capital group to develop and execute electrical infrastructure improvement plans
- BS degree in Engineering is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of paper mill electrical maintenance/reliability experience
- Experience with Reliability Centered Maintenance practices such as Predictive Technology, Preventive Maintenance and Failure Analysis.
- Experience with Electrical Power Distribution systems.
- Must be familiar with Electrical Systems as they relate to Turbine Generators, Protective Relays, Switchgear, Transformers, Cables, Single Line Drawings, and other elements that are part of a mill’s EPD systems.
- Green Belt preferred.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans