What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
International Paper (http://www.internationalpaper.com
) is the world’s largest paper and forest products company. Primary businesses include paper and packaging products for a variety of end uses. International Paper is a Fortune 100 Company with operations around the globe.
We currently have an opening for a Shipping Supervisor at our Newark, Ohio plant. This facility manufactures corrugated packaging products for local and national customers.
The shipping supervisor leads and directs shipping activities such that orders are banded, stored, and delivered according to customer requirements and organization goals are achieved.
The shipping supervisor reports to the Plant Superintendent.
Primary shipping supervisor duties / responsibilities include
- following all safety rules and practices
- conducting safety training and performing safety observations
- leading shipping associates, including serving as coach and counselor regarding professional development and when situations arise that affect employee’s job performance
- supervising shipping associates, including prioritizing and assigning work, and monitoring the quality and quantity of the work performed
- scheduling shipments and dock times, and dispatching loads
- establishing work practices, and training shipping associates
- purchasing materials, parts, and supplies as required
- conducting regular meetings with all associates to provide quality and performance feedback, address operating issues, provide training, and work on continuous improvement projects
- implementing quality improvement and cost reduction ideas
- managing trailers for optimum utilization and proactive maintenance;
- taking and maintaining accurate inventories
- insuring that associates perform required inspections and test;
- preparing and maintaining accurate records
- maintaining teamwork with other associates
- maintaining work areas to plant standards of housekeeping
- performing other duties as assigned by the plant superintendent
Qualifications for shipping supervisor are the ability to perform the duties / responsibilities of the job with or without accommodation; knowledge and understanding of shipping and warehousing processes; applicable work experience; the ability to give instructions, and the ability to follow instructions, ask questions, and work effectively as a member of a team.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.