What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Business Analysts within IP Global Sourcing are responsible for developing data analysis related to category spend, pricing, markets, and other areas to support Sourcing Buyers within the corporate-wide procurement for various departments such as: Raw Materials, Energy, Professional Services, Maintenance, Repair & Operating supplies (MRO), and Manufacturing Services.
Dealing with ambiguity and managing multiple projects are key skills that are required for success. Technical aptitude and business acumen play an important part in everyday activities. This position will reside in Memphis, TN.
- Develop knowledge base of department categories through support of the Sourcing Buyers and Managers in data analysis requirements
- RFI / RFP Analysis
- Supply Market and Spend Analysis/Research
- Assist Buyer in developing power point presentations and contribute to sourcing events as required
- Timely and clear communication with IP facilities regarding category awards, price updates, market conditions, etc. is required
- Price Index Tracking Sheets (market trends)
- Price Increase Analysis
- Clean Sheet Analysis
- Extract/Data Clean up
- Monitor DPO (Days payable outstanding) and suggest areas for improvement
- Prepare and Test spreadsheets for Price Broadcast within SAP (Price Control)
- Develop an understanding and skills in the CSSS (Collaborate, Strategize, Source & Sustain) process, which is used across Global Sourcing for category strategy development and supplier management
- A BS/BA is required. A Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Management, Accounting, Finance or Economics is preferred
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in Purchasing with increasing responsibility over a minimum of 3 years is preferred
- Knowledge of products and services being procured is desired
- Knowledge of basic product function through experience or self study is preferred
- Three years pulp and paper industry experience is desired
- Work experience at a manufacturing facility is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is essential
- Use of the following software programs is required; SAP, SAP BW, SharePoint, BravoSolutions, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Memphis TN 38197