What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
The HR Specialist will provide support to the Tipton, Indiana facility which includes, but not limited to:
Timely and accurate SAP/HRTT system entries.
·Timely annual completion of site Affirmative Action Plan (AAP)
- Coordinate employee selection system processes, for hourly and salaried openings, notification of state employment office, placement of job advertisements, maintenance of solicited applications, maintaining AAP system, contacting candidates, reserving facilities for application processing, testing and interviewing, Arranges pre-employment health assessments and reference checks.
- Maintains files accordingly
·Coordinate orientation of all hourly new hires
- Maintains all hourly (and salaried) personnel files per record retention policy.
- Responsible for benefits administration and should have working knowledge of all benefits and know where to seek additional information.
·Coordinate facility functions, including employee recognition, safety and holiday related events.
·Track or assist in tracking hourly employee absenteeism.
- Should develop a thorough knowledge of local pay practices, pay levels, job groups & practices, which govern pay.
Process all unemployment-related claims.Attend any appeal hearings or other activities related to unemployment claims as indicated.
The responsibilities/duties outlined above are not all inclusive. Other duties may assigned by site/functional manager.
Candidate must be a self-starter with excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks, handle multiple tasks at once and adapt to an ever changing environment with minimum supervision. Outstanding communication skills required. Must possess and utilize effective verbal and written communication skills to make presentations to small and large groups. Must be a strategic thinker, a team player and be confident.
Qualifications: High school education or equivalent required. A minimum of 3 years related experience. Including advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans